Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fad3r
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Default File Types Scanned?

I am using EPO 3.6.1 and VS 8.5I Patch 3 (not sure if this should go under VS or EPO so I put it here). Anyway in the VS 8.5 Catalog there is a policy called On-Access Default Processes Policies. Under the detection tab there is an area called what to scan. The 3 choices are All Files, Default + additional file types and Specified file types.

My questions is about the default + additional file types. Does anyone have a list of these default file types?

I searched for this with a few different queries and found nothing.
2 Replies
Grif
Level 10
Message 2 of 3

RE: Default File Types Scanned?

You can see those default file types in VS 8.5i by RIGHT clicking on the McAfee shield in the lower right corner, choose "On AccesScan Properties". When that loads, click on the "All Processes" icon on the left side, then select the "Detection" tab, then place a dot/tick in the "Default+additional file types" box, then click on the "Additions" button.. The column on the left will show you the current default file extensions being scanned.

Hope this helps.

Grif
Highlighted
fad3r
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

RE: Default File Types Scanned?

Ok this works i had to create a new policy to play around with it.

Thanks!
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community