cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progress - required compatibility view

I was advised to select Compatibility View in IE8 (via Tools) and this has allowed me to edit the settings on a new policy. I won't be able to test the new policy until next week but at least we've made progress.

scottwild
Highlighted
Mogsy
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 12

RE: Adding a permanent exclusion - VS Ent 8.5

as long as you allow the local versions of the VSE 8.5 to add their own exclusions, and not have them over-written by the default group policy, you should be ok.

for my setup, i just unlock the console on the system with the admin pwd (we lock everything down to stop user tampering), then open the On-Access Scanner and click on All Processes and the Detection tab. At the foot of the window is the exclusion button, and there you can specify the the folder (and sub-folders) of the Sage software package.

i don't have ePO 4.0, i know my system does not allow individual policies, its groups only, so if only one machine needs the exclusion, its a 5 minute job.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community