cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
balap
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 15

windows 2016 standard is support ENSL (McAfee_Endpoint_Security_10_7_0_824_11_bundle) issue

Jump to solution

I am trying to install it manually (McAfee_Endpoint_Security_10_7_0_824_11_bundle), on OS (windows 2016 standard) after installation done when i testing with eicare virus is not detecting.

please help me out.

Thansk.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 11 of 15

Re: windows 2016 standard is support ENSL (McAfee_Endpoint_Security_10_7_0_824_11_bundle) issue

Jump to solution

As expected, the AMcore content has the default version 0.5.

Please download the V3 DAT content from the link provided and run it as administrator, once done you can go ahead and perform the EICAR test which should work as expected.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 15

Re: windows 2016 standard is support ENSL (McAfee_Endpoint_Security_10_7_0_824_11_bundle) issue

Jump to solution

Hiello @Former Member ,

Good day to you!

Could you please confirm if the AMcore content has been updated?

The content details should be available in the about section of the ENS console.

If you see the content version to be 0.5, please update the content and then attempt the EICAR test.

Also, if you are performing the EICAR test through a TXT file, we would recommend you to change the extension to .COM or .EXE and check if the detection occurs.

The OAS policy has been configured not to scan the TXT file by default.

Thanks

balap
Level 9
Message 3 of 15

Jump to solution

can you tell exactly location in windows, so I can update it, then even I tried to unzip eicar_com.zip, but no luck not at all detecting the virus.

AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 15

Jump to solution

Hi @balap,

Please open the ENS console and click on the "Update Now" button to update the DAT contents

Thanks,

balap
Level 9
Message 5 of 15

Jump to solution

Thanks, AjaySundar, but when I updating showing "update valid repository"  the  and for AMcore is not showing the option 

image.png

balap
Level 9
Message 6 of 15

Jump to solution

HI, @AjaySundar  how do I installed the McAfee_Endpoint_Security_10_7 manually.

step 1:

extract the package the packages of ENSL

image.png 

step 2:

Enter the Endpoint Security Platform, then selected the "setup" then installed the package

image.png

step 3:

Then for  Thread  Prevention installed with "stepTP" installed the package.

image.png

when I install all the services, it shows actuomacally popup the of endpoint 

image.png 

Please confirm it, these are the correct way to install all packages for ENSL 10.7.x on windows 2016  server.

Thanks. 

balap
Level 9
Message 7 of 15

Jump to solution

Hello @AjaySundar 

I have doubt do we need to disable or remove the  Windows Defender while installing the ENS 10.7.x on windows 2016 server.

Thanks

AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 15

Jump to solution

Hi @Former Member ,

I see the installation seems to be successful.

Can you check what is the DAT version installed on the machine?

Click on the drop down button on the top right corner and click on the About button and then check the AMcore version under the Threat prevention column.

Thanks.

AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 15

Jump to solution

Hi @balap ,

To add to the previous response, there seems to be an issue with the content download.

Please download the V3 DAT from the below link and run it as administrator and let us know how it goes.

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-in/downloads/security-updates.html

Thanks

balap
Level 9
Message 10 of 15

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help

Here the details 

Here the image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community