cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where is setup_ep.exe in McAfee_Endpoint_Security_10_7_0_667_17_bundle

Jump to solution

I have downloaded the trial McAfee_Endpoint_Security_10_7_0_667_17_bundle. 

checking the user guide I need to run setup_ep.exe to install it. 

I cannot find it in the bundle. 

I have extracted all of the folders out and the only thing I can find is setup_cc.exe. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ktankink
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 5

Re: where is setup_ep.exe in McAfee_Endpoint_Security_10_7_0_667_17_bundle

Jump to solution

Hi @Mcaf33Dan The "bundle" package is all the ENS extensions and module installer packages for the ePO server management/deployment.  You can still use these packages to install, but each module has to be installed separately.

If you would like the SETUPEP.EXE package (to install all the modules as one install), download the "standalone" zip file package (e.g., McAfee_Endpoint_Security_10_7_667_17_stand_alone_client_install.zip).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
patrakshar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @Mcaf33Dan 

I just downloaded the package and found it is complete bundle package so EP setup not available. I will check on updating it internally here and will let you know. 

For now you can do this:

1. Extract Endpoint Security Platform (Client) package and run setupCC.exe. That will install the Platform.

2. Once Platform installed, Extract Threat Prevention (Client) package and run setupTP.exe. That will install the threat prevention.

If you need Firewall and WC as well please extract the respective Client package and run the Setup from there. That will install all the component.

ktankink
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @Mcaf33Dan The "bundle" package is all the ENS extensions and module installer packages for the ePO server management/deployment.  You can still use these packages to install, but each module has to be installed separately.

If you would like the SETUPEP.EXE package (to install all the modules as one install), download the "standalone" zip file package (e.g., McAfee_Endpoint_Security_10_7_667_17_stand_alone_client_install.zip).

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

How do you get  SETUPEP.EXE package? I tried installing individual package and it doesn't seem to install properly.

1. Extract Endpoint Security Platform (Client) package and run setupCC.exe.

2. Once Platform installed, Extract Threat Prevention (Client) package and run setupTP.exe.

I see the agent and Endpoint security platform, but no Threat Prevention client installed.

ktankink
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @Leo_admin  Please see above; if you download the ENS Standalone package (not the ENS Bundle package,  you will find the SETUPEP.EXE installer.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community