Did you mean: 
RafalO
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

uninst.ini - no GUID for product at registry

Jump to solution

Hi All

In my LAB Environment, I want automate uninstall Kaspersky Endpoin Security 10 for Windows (version 11.0.1.90 AES256) and in place do installation ENS platform (by EPO).
I've read article https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB85522 , there are some entries for Kaspersky Endpoin Security 10 but nothing with my version (I've checked registry HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{GUID for product} but nothing what connect to Kasperky Endpoint Protection)
Because in registry here is not Kasperky Endpoint Protection GUID I can't try edit uninst.ini file...
I stuck.

Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise
ePO 10.6
ENS platform 10.6

How can I uninstall KES \ install ENS in one step ?
Thanks for any advice .

PS. KES is managed so I may create uninstall task but in this way there would be gap between unsinstall KES and another task of installation of ENS.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 2

Re: uninst.ini - no GUID for product at registry

Jump to solution

@RafalO If the version you have installed isn't listed, you can follow the described steps to get it added but this will take some time.

To replace this AV version, you would need to remove the Kaspersky AV prior to running the ENS installation. This will likely need a reboot aswell. If you can't find the Kaspersky uninstall string in that location, you would need to reach out to Kaspersky and ask them if they have a removal string you can use.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 2

Re: uninst.ini - no GUID for product at registry

Jump to solution

@RafalO If the version you have installed isn't listed, you can follow the described steps to get it added but this will take some time.

To replace this AV version, you would need to remove the Kaspersky AV prior to running the ENS installation. This will likely need a reboot aswell. If you can't find the Kaspersky uninstall string in that location, you would need to reach out to Kaspersky and ask them if they have a removal string you can use.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community