Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 13

Re: trustedsourceserver_imqa01

Hi @Sohel,

As suggested, Kindly please try all the FQDNs as exclusions in the proxy. Additionally, All our GTI requests (from any product) will go as nslookups. hence the DNS suffixes that you see is a bit odd and may be (A lot of stress on the "maybe" part), this may have something to do with Windows. I was googling through this topic and I stumbled upon this. I am no expert with this one, However, I thought you may figure out something from this:

https://superuser.com/questions/93055/windows-using-the-dns-suffix-search-list-on-all-lookups-even-v...

I have updated you on the same via the Service Requests. This issue you have reported is quite tricky and I look forward to know how the exclusion goes. Apologies for any confusion that may have been caused here.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Sohel
Level 10
Message 12 of 13

see below screenshot, McAfee TIE server certificate is invalid:

2019-11-18_15-45-56.jpg

McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Message 13 of 13

Hi @Sohel,

Thank you for your response and update. This is entirely expected behavior. This is why we recommend excluding it from SSL inspection. We do not have these signed by a public CA and it is using a self signed Certificate.

The Certificate itself is not invalid, however it is not trusted by your computer since they do not have this in it's root certificate store, which is expected since we use self signed certificate here.

I sincerely hope this information was useful.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community