cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

software whitelisting process with GetClean

Jump to solution

Hi,

when I request whitelisting of software that has not been used in my environment before with GetClean, will the file be visible afterwards in the TIE Reputations dashboard? i have done that already but I dont see the file. Does the file need to be executed first to generate an entry in the TIE Reputations dashboard? I would like to make sure that the file has positive reputation before executing it. I do not want to risk a situation where the whitelisting is not successful and the file gets blocked. Thank you in advance for all advice!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: software whitelisting process with GetClean

Jump to solution

The data that GetClean collected will send to mcafee labs, they will analyze it and put the data into mcafee cloud reputation database not  your private TIE database.

The next time one client execute the file and your TIE dont know the file reputation, TIE will query mcafee GTI cloud database, retrieve it and put it into TIE database.

In ePO> TIE Reputations, you can just modify files/certs reputation if you think the reputation is wrong. for more details you can refer to the below mcafee knowledge base:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90345

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: software whitelisting process with GetClean

Jump to solution

The data that GetClean collected will send to mcafee labs, they will analyze it and put the data into mcafee cloud reputation database not  your private TIE database.

The next time one client execute the file and your TIE dont know the file reputation, TIE will query mcafee GTI cloud database, retrieve it and put it into TIE database.

In ePO> TIE Reputations, you can just modify files/certs reputation if you think the reputation is wrong. for more details you can refer to the below mcafee knowledge base:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90345

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community