cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: "Windows Security" (in 1903) indicates McAfee ENS is OFF, when it's actually ON (TP -

FYI, I'll continue the discussion in this other community post, 'Windows 10 fails to detect McAfee ENS 10.6.1 running and Windows Defender kicks in".  There seems to be more activity in that post about this issue.

Re: "Windows Security" (in 1903) indicates McAfee ENS is OFF, when it's actually ON (TP -

Hi

We have the same problem with all ENS10.6.1 (PF 1607, TP 1666) installations on Windows 10_1809 and Windows10_1903.

We will roll back all to previous releases.

Regards,

Highlighted
United
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 13 of 18

Because this is only a cosmetic issue, you maybe consider this:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/windows-defender-security-center...

Its possible to hide the notifications (with the disadvantage that if ENS is really off it will not be reported to the user)

...this is not just a cosmetic issue... This is:

- a security issue if notifications are disabled.

- a performance issue if notification are not disabled... Users wil enable Windows Defender if WSC pop-up that your advised to enable Windows Defender while ENS is not running.

McAfee should fix this problem  as soon as possible...:(

United
Level 8
Message 15 of 18

Yeah, they told us this will be fixed with the next version of ENS, maybe(hopefully) October, 8th.

hi

I've noticed the same issue after we upgrade our Windows workstation to 1903. Every time I boot the machine after login in into Windows WSC says ENS is disabled. When I open WSC it says it's ON.. And we are running latest 10.6.1 July patch release 10.6.1.1607.

I hope McAfee this issue. I know it's cosmetic one but it's annoying anyway because users then ask me if there is anything wrong with McAfee!

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 17 of 18

Hi @ilukeberry 

We fully understand that this is a very annoying and misleading popup and can cause users to wrongly think the product isn't working. We are addressing this in the next release.

If you would like to potentially obtain access to a POC version for testing then kindly raise a Service Request with us and share the appropriate logs so we can escalate your case to Engineering. Which logs are needed will be shared with the Owner of your case. Feel free to drop me a message with your SR number and I will reach out to the Owner and ensure the SR is worked on appropriately.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Hello,

I have this problem as well, where my machines have 1903 installed, and ENS is running, but Windows doesn't think so.  That means that the Windows Defender Antivirus is also running on the machines.  Will this cause any major issues to have them both running, or do I need to start making group policies to disable Windows Defender Antivirus on all the machines?

Thank you.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community