Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbizub
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

mferemoval100

Hi Everyone,

Our company inherited a few pcs that have Mcafee Endpoint Security Platform 10.5.3 installed on it. We need to remove this as we use Symantic SEP. It seems I need the mferemoval100 tool but I cant find any current ones online. Can someone please provide me with a link or send it to me by email. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Justin

jbizub@driveprestige.com

6 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee dmcgeary
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Re: mferemoval100

These steps can be used to properly remove McAfee product:
As an Administrator follow Microsoft Guidance for uninstalling Programs: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028054/windows-repair-or-remove-programs-in-windows-10
• Select and choose to uninstall any Listed McAfee product(s).
• Reboot and Confirm the McAfee software is no longer listed.
• If no McAfee product(s) are listed this should conclude the removal of McAfee products

mferemoval100 was a support generated tool that scripted the manual removal of VSE an grew a bit from there. It is not a supported tool and is not supplied publicly. It is not needed to remove ENS. 

Let us know what the challenge is in removing ENS,

Regards

jbizub
Level 7
Message 3 of 7

Sorry forgot to include that if you try to uninstall it through windows it prompts for a password which we dont have. This appears to be epo managed. 

Reliable Contributor Daniel_S
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 7

You can get the removal tool by just opening a case with McAfee and ask for it.

Best regards
Dan
jbizub
Level 7
Message 5 of 7

I tried to open a support case but unfortunately it only lets me do that if I have an account (which I cant create because of no grant number). I think if i call in I will run into the same issue?

Reliable Contributor Daniel_S
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Well you would have to try.

There is no other way or place where you can download all the stuff.

Or so here that already has is will provide you with the current version.

Best regards
Dan
Reliable Contributor Pmaquoi
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Best solution if in this situation to reformat the computers.. If you have such an issue with protected software like ePO managed ENS, you have the risk to find same kind of issues later with other softwares or your O.S.

The best thing to do is to wipe and reinstall the computer

ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.