Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

malwares Signature list for ens tp

Hi,

is there any mcafee list for covered signature amcore content/dat ? i want to match which malware or ransomware that have been and not yet covered by mcafee,]

because we use mcafee enstp and planning to add atp but our customer want the list first,

regards,

Dwi

4 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Re: malwares Signature list for ens tp

Hello @Dwee,

Unfortunately, there is no list of malware,virus,pup that can be detected by amcore.

Thanks,

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 4 of 5

Hi Nielsb,

thanks for your reply, we know that atp not depends on signature like TP, but our customer wants some prove with seeing believing in this case, signatures already add in dat/amcore content, so i'm a bit confuse how to give prove for that, because their db sql server have been attack with lemon duck and others malware using "eternal blue" and brute force tricks and myself already suggest to reset the ad password beside adding extra dats and tweak the policies, sadly our customer want's mcafee enstp to be powerfull tools (example, using stinger clicked in the infected machine than run and clean/delete) not just blocked using "AMSI" scanner metode, so he wants some prove "is extra dats and mcafee enstp product" really do the job done" ,

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 5

You can show your customer the datasheet below

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/assets/data-sheets/ds-endpoint-security.pdf

page 6 the features and why you need a feature/module and the layered approach, the different layers of ENS + ATP

1. whitelisting (hash+cert)

(access protection policy)

2. Content files (AMcore/exploit prevention

3. GTI

4. TIE (hash + cert)

5. Real protect - static code

6. Dynamic APP containment

7. Real protect ( behavioral)

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community