cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

can not install McAfee_Endpoint_Security_10_5_3_3152_11_stand_alone_client_install

Hi,

My HQ buy all McAfee licenses and send grant number to us.

I use that number for browsing and down load McAfee_Endpoint_Security_10_5_3_3152_1 and install on my computer (Win10Pro64bit) but installer stop with an error which I found in log file "McAfee 10.5.3 Install failed return code : 4294967295". I've follow the instruction change temp to C:\temp but it still failed. Kindly advise me what should I do.

Best regards

Long Ha

3 Replies
chrisnlc
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: can not install McAfee_Endpoint_Security_10_5_3_3152_11_stand_alone_client_install

As a starting point try this:

setupEP.exe ADDLOCAL="tp" /l*v"C:\temp\"

assuming you've created c:\temp beforehand. Now you'll have verbose install logs from the ENS standalone installer. Have a review of those to see if you can find the 'real' error as return code : 4294967295 appears to be just a generic code.

rgds

_Chris.

wwarren
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

Re: can not install McAfee_Endpoint_Security_10_5_3_3152_11_stand_alone_client_install

One of the common install issues we've been seeing lately has been tied to the following article: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90124
This article also provides guidance in how to track through our install logs to find the point of failure.
e.g. ENS bootstrapper log -> module bootstrapper log -> dependent technology log -> actual error. If you're unable to find reference to a particular error or behavior in the knowledge base, or on the forums here, reaching out to Support is advisable - we might not have data on that symptom yet which warrants investigation, if you're willing/able.
William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee
mmarti30
Level 8
Message 4 of 4

Was your issue ever resolved?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community