cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i set a rule to block exe files from running within Zip files?

We are currently having a health check on the systems and have discovered that it is possible to run exe files from within Zip files using the Zip application. is it possible to do something with mcafee to have an acknowledgement box first or even stop them from launching from the zip prior to it being fully extracted? Richard
1 Reply
yaz
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: can i set a rule to block exe files from running within Zip files?

Hi Richard

Thank you for reaching out to community. 

As per your requirement, you can configure ODS to scan inside archive. 

I have attached Capture.JPG for your reference. 

Unfortunately there is no AP rules that can be created as defined rules does not have this feature.

Was my reply helpful?

Give me a Kudo. If I have answered your query, please mark this as solution, so that together we can help other community members. 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community