cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

advice for compilers and software developer systems

Hi, I am looking for ideas on ENS configuration for software developer systems (using powershell, bash, rider). I am trying to find a perfect balance between security and performance but keep finding that the performance always needs improvements. My environment is using Threat Prevention as well as ATP and TIE. I remember hearing you can set path exclusions for the scanner if the system is sufficiently isolated from the production environment. Has anyone here experience, advice or comments to share on this subject?

2 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: advice for compilers and software developer systems

I would recommend creating a dedicated folder for development,  exclude it from OAS, but do a daily memory scan on the system and a weekly ODS of that folder while the system is idle. 

Dave

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: advice for compilers and software developer systems

Part of the problem so far as OAS and Scanning goes is that all the executable's that are created are going to be unknown so will require to be scanned. 

as suggested it would be a good idea to review your compiler as this process is intensive when running. You can exclude your compiler as a process and working directories to increase performance.

If you are using High and Low risk processes then you can set Low risk to not scan on read and write, then add the compiler process into the Low Risk group. 

For Standard/Default and High risk profiles you can specify the compiler working directories and see if that helps further. 

review the documentation for the compiler and check if there are any additional suggested exclusions for Antivirus by the vendor.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community