cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zscaler App processes whitelist

Hi Team, Please check below link and let me know should we require Zscaler App process and file configure in EPS exclusion. EPS version - 10.5.4
4 Replies
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Zscaler App processes whitelist

@User30455258 There is no provided link. When you say EPS; do you mean ENS or Exploit Prevention, or...? 

Once we have more details, we're happy to assist to the best of our ability.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Link is below

https://help.zscaler.com/z-app/what-zscaler-app-processes-should-i-whitelist

Product is - Endpoint security 10.5.4

McAfee Employee akatt
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Nothing in the provided link jumps out at me as a necessary exclusion from an Access Protection stand-point, but I am basing that on default product configuration.

We (McAfee) defers to the vendor to understand if the vendor recommends exclusions for their software, so the question would be whether or not we experience an issue with that software, in the presence of the On-Access Scanner, without making any exclusions within ENS.  If the answer is no, then exclusions within the On-Access Scanner wouldn't be necessary.  If the answer is yes, we experience some type of performance issue, then we can use the vendor's information to make the necessary exclusions.

Unfortunately, there really isn't a method to determine if real-time scanning would be an issue with this sfotware, without actually testing it.  If it is a critical application in production that cannot be tested, it is best to follow the vendor's recommendations, and make the exclusions as they outline them.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

vnaidu
Level 11
Message 5 of 5

@User30455258

@akatt

@jess_arman

Dear All, I would like you all to know that Trend Micro and Kaspersky Labs has the process whitelisted, however some vendors like Symantec and McAfee needs the process to be included in the LRP. We had the same issue in our environment.

What we have done in our case is that we have identified the processes and added them in low risk which had not created any issue. Because we had come across a sort of performence issue in the pilot which happened way back in 2017 and we had to declare the below process as LRP.

ZSATunnel.exe
ZSATray.exe
ZSAService.exe
Zscalerappupdater.exe
ZSATray.exe
ZSATunnel.exe
ZSAService.exe
ZSAUpdater.exe
zscalerappupdater.exe
zscalerchecksumverifier.exe
CertUtil
Filechecksum
TAPDriver
TAPDriver
ZSATray.exe
ZSATunnel.exe
ZSAService.exe
ZSAUpdater.exe
zscalerappupdater.exe
zscalerchecksumverifier.exe
CertUtil
Filechecksum
TAPDriver
TAPDriver

I hope the above information is helpful.

Regards,

Venu
Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.