cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Windows RDP show OAS Non-Compliant

I have two instance of Windows RDP where OAS shows as non-compliant. I have 8 other machines that work just fine with Windows but these two RDP are giving me problems. In the System Tree > System, I have AMCore Engine Version column and it is blank, AMCore Compliance as non-compliant, and OAS compliance as non-compliant. Not sure what I can do to fix this. Please help!
4 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Windows RDP show OAS Non-Compliant

Hello User78744509,

Thank you for writing. With the details provided, I look like Threat prevention does not have the latest AMcore content.

The machine in question when checked in EPO under threat prevention, Do we see the Amcore content with the latest version something like what is attached to this post.

If not, please try to upgrade the Amcore and then check if the OAS Compliance status remains the same or not.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Hitesh

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 5

Hi @User78744509 ,

Thank you for posting in,

I want to add up on what my colleague has shared, 

After updating Amcore with latest version 4241, Could you please do a quick Eicar test to confirm if machine's On-Access scanner is functioning correctly or not.

How to use the EICAR test file with McAfee products >>https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB59742

If you are able to do successful Eicar test and it gets detected means your on-access scanner is functioning. Now comes reporting part to EPO.

In order to make sure if your machine is reporting correct status to EPO, Could you please perform Wake-up agent call and see if that changes status of On-access scanner compliance and starts reporting Amcore.

If you have any further query, Feel free to reply and we will get back to you with clarification regarding that.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Highlighted

OAS is functioning.  Performed the EICAR test to verify.  Have done many wake up calls.  I can't figure out why I am not seeing the AMCore values  being populated in the "System Tree" view.

Highlighted

I do see the Amcore based on your instructions and upgrades are done.

What I can't figure out is why that information is not being reflected in the "System Tree" view (image attached).

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community