cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Windows Defender and McAfee Endpoint Security 10.7 are both running at the same time

Jump to solution

Hi!

We are experiencing some kind of weird issue.

After applying a major Windows Update (Ex: Microsoft march 2020 cumulative update), McAfee ENS 10.7 is no longer registered as the default AntiVirus in the Windows Security Center and Both Windows Defender and McAfee are running at the same time…

We are seeing this issue on many computers running Windows 10 and it sometimes causes a major performance issue.

The only fix I found is to completely reinstall McAfee ENS 10.7 on the affected computers.

Is there any way to set back McAfee ENS as the default AntiVirus and consequently disable Windows Defender?

- Build: Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.752) 

- McAfee Endpoint Security:  10.7

- Endpoint Security Platform:  10.7.0.1285

Thanks for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Re: Windows Defender and McAfee Endpoint Security 10.7 are both running at the same time

Jump to solution

Hi @Menzo,

Thank you for your post. The version of ENS you are using has certain known issues with respect to the reported issue in your environment.

We recommend moving to February Update of ENS 10.7 where this known issue has been fixed.

I sincerely hope this helpful.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Re: Windows Defender and McAfee Endpoint Security 10.7 are both running at the same time

Jump to solution

Hi @Menzo,

Thank you for your post. The version of ENS you are using has certain known issues with respect to the reported issue in your environment.

We recommend moving to February Update of ENS 10.7 where this known issue has been fixed.

I sincerely hope this helpful.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @Menzo,

The reference KBA for your kind perusal: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91830.

This KBA talks about reporting issues, however, we have seen functional issues where when an EICAR test is performed both ENS and Windows Defender or only Windows Defender captures the test file thereby impacting the functionality of our product and the machine.

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Highlighted
Level 8
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Thanks to both of you.

I'll try updating to February update and see if the problem is fixed.

Thanks for your time and support 😉

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @Menzo,

Thank you for marking the solution. Kudos to you for the update!

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community