Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kylekat Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 321 of 332

Re: Current POC appears to WORK

Jump to solution

Rolled back my 7 test laptops from ENS 10.7 to the 10.6.1 december update version and so far WSC never fails to detect mcafee.

I even ran windows update since that was the sure way to get WSC to lose detection of McAfee and after the restart, WSC still seeing McAfee successfully.

This looks promising so far.

chealey McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 322 of 332

Jump to solution

@kylekat glad to hear 🙂

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Current 10.6 December '19 Update appears to WORK!

Jump to solution

Running 10.6 December Update and so far all is well!

LBX
Level 9
Message 324 of 332

Re: Current 10.6 December '19 Update appears to WORK!

Jump to solution

@chealey @kylekat 

Thanks for all your help in this issue. I'm glad to see it has been reported as fixed. We are waiting for the 10.7 patch rather than roll back however.

Jump to solution

Hate to drag this old thread back up, but any update as to when we can expect a fix for 10.7?

Michael
chealey McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 326 of 332

Jump to solution

Hi @meanoldmanning - the fix is included in the next release for ENS 10.7 - we still expect this in Q1 2020 however can't share a date at this time.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Hi, 

Any update on when a new patch is release on this issue? 
I just got word from a customer facing SAME issue as described in this article. 

They are running Ens 10.7.X (latest) and are running OS Win10 v1909

Switching OAS policy Off/ON fixes the issue and WSC turns in green/OK state with productstate: 397312

HOWEVER: Restarting the computer revert the productstate to 393232 and WSC starts complain again. 

chealey McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 328 of 332

Jump to solution

Hi @th3stinger 

Today 🙂

Our releases happen during NA hours, so I would expect to see it posted later this afternoon/ evening.

Was my reply helpful?
LBX
Level 9
Message 329 of 332

Jump to solution

I am told it is today. We ended up downgrading back to the patched 10.6.1 whilst we waited for the 10.7 patch. You should probably do that until 10.7 patch is confirmed as stable.

Easy enough to run a "deployment" task to remove the 10.7 components and when they have checked in without ENS installed, send another task to actually install 10.6.1

Jump to solution

Great! Hope to resolve this issue tomorrow then. I have stopped 10.7 release until further notice!
We have 300 workstations complaining about the same issue!

ThreatPrevention seems however to be in active state when I run EICAR tests. So I will not downgrade above workstations just yet but wont release it on another customer either. 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community