cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: POC 28917 FAIL after UPGRADE AND FRESH INSTALL

Jump to solution

to pile on Microsoft, they keep pushing updates that overwrite files used by the virtual adaptor for a VPN client we use. 

Michael
Highlighted

ENS 10.7 available in ePO software manager and on the Enterprise Downloads site.

Jump to solution

It showed up in our software manager in ePO mid day today. I'm holding off adding it to the repository for now, but I did download the standalone bundle and installed it as stand alone on one systems. So far it appears to be reporting correctly. We'll see if that lasts and if there are any other issues

Michael
Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 243 of 332

Re: ENS 10.7 available in ePO software manager and on the Enterprise Downloads site.

Jump to solution

I used the latest Removal Tool to remove the PoC build and have installed 10.7 on my machine only.

After running the removal tool, it left behind a number of entries in the security providers results for older installs of ENS but it did remove the most recent one for the PoC build.

After installing 10.7, it has added a new one but still left the old ones in place. I will monitor to see if the issues is resolved for me after AMCORE updates tomorrow.

PS C:\Users\lbx> powershell Get-WmiObject -Namespace "root\SecurityCenter2" -Class "AntiVirusProduct"

__GENUS : 2
__CLASS : AntiVirusProduct
__SUPERCLASS :
__DYNASTY : AntiVirusProduct
__RELPATH : AntiVirusProduct.instanceGuid="{1006DC03-1FB1-9E52-7C81-F2FAB48962E3}"
__PROPERTY_COUNT : 6
__DERIVATION : {}
__SERVER : XXXXX
__NAMESPACE : ROOT\SecurityCenter2
__PATH : \\XXXXX\ROOT\SecurityCenter2:AntiVirusProduct.instanceGuid="{1006DC03-1FB1-9E52-7C8
1-F2FAB48962E3}"
displayName : McAfee Endpoint Security
instanceGuid : {1006DC03-1FB1-9E52-7C81-F2FAB48962E3}
pathToSignedProductExe : C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\Endpoint Security\Threat Prevention\AMCFG.EXE
pathToSignedReportingExe : C:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Security\Threat Prevention\mfeensppl.exe
productState : 397312
timestamp : Mon, 21 Oct 2019 09:13:00 GMT
PSComputerName : XXXXX

__SUPERCLASS :
__RELPATH : AntiVirusProduct.instanceGuid="{D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}"
__PATH : \\XXXXX\ROOT\SecurityCenter2:AntiVirusProduct.instanceGuid="{D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E4
4-DA132C1ACF46}"
displayName : Windows Defender
instanceGuid : {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
pathToSignedProductExe : windowsdefender://
pathToSignedReportingExe : %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MsMpeng.exe
productState : 393472
timestamp : Wed, 13 Nov 2019 12:04:31 GMT

__SUPERCLASS :
__RELPATH : AntiVirusProduct.instanceGuid="{9D4501E6-72F6-2877-C789-89AF6F535B2C}"
__PATH : \\XXXXX\ROOT\SecurityCenter2:AntiVirusProduct.instanceGuid="{9D4501E6-72F6-2877-C78
9-89AF6F535B2C}"
instanceGuid : {9D4501E6-72F6-2877-C789-89AF6F535B2C}
pathToSignedProductExe : C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\Endpoint Security\Threat Prevention\AMCFG.EXE
pathToSignedReportingExe : C:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Security\Threat Prevention\mfeensppl.exe
timestamp : Thu, 08 Aug 2019 12:27:09 GMT

__SUPERCLASS :
__RELPATH : AntiVirusProduct.instanceGuid="{A37DD4B2-BDFF-70DA-DE19-9F9927D6940F}"
__PATH : \\XXXXX\ROOT\SecurityCenter2:AntiVirusProduct.instanceGuid="{A37DD4B2-BDFF-70DA-DE1
9-9F9927D6940F}"
instanceGuid : {A37DD4B2-BDFF-70DA-DE19-9F9927D6940F}
timestamp : Wed, 13 Nov 2019 12:04:35 GMT

Highlighted

Re: ENS 10.7 available in ePO software manager and on the Enterprise Downloads site.

Jump to solution

Wow! that's pretty disappointing. 

on the one system I have tested so far I simply uninstalled from the Programs and Features cpl and then installed 10.7. Only two entries show up on my system now - Windows Defender and ENS

Michael
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Prepare for more stuff to break, Microsoft started rolling out Feature Update 1909

Michael
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 246 of 332

Jump to solution

@meanoldmanning Source ?

Highlighted

Windows 10 fails to detect McAfee ENS 10.6.1 running and Windows Defender kicks in

Jump to solution

Agree totally. its very disappointing the way McAfee is dealing with this issue!   Meeting with our McAfee Enterprise Account Manager in few weeks, will be having a big moan about this! 

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 248 of 332

Re: Windows 10 fails to detect McAfee ENS 10.6.1 running and Windows Defender kicks in

Jump to solution

@SteveWilkinson
Unfortunately, from what I have understand, it's on the Microsoft hand...

Also had the same issue with other AV 

And the fix/workaround provide by Microsoft is a big joke (Disable Windows Defender by GPO)

Highlighted

Jump to solution

They just started rolling it our last night... 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/whats-new/whats-new-windows-10-version-1909

and it just showed up as downloadable on one of my systems. 

W10FU1909.jpg

Michael
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 250 of 332

Re: Windows 10 fails to detect McAfee ENS 10.6.1 running and Windows Defender kicks in

Jump to solution

Hi all

We completely understand your frustration with this issue. At the moment we are working very closely with Microsoft to get this resolved.

We've actually managed to reproduce the issue now internally using a customers' VM which is making the analysis and testing process easier. Sadly as I mentioned a few times, we were previously never successful in reproducing this issue within our test or production environment (baring in mind we have the same software installed on our work devices too, it's surprising we didn't encounter this ourselves).

We really appreciate everyone's assistance on this and do thank you for your time and efforts. We are doing our best to get this issue resolved.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community