cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Windows 10 Update

Jump to solution
I keep getting notification from Windows 10 update that McAfee Endpoint Security Threat Prevention is not compatible with Windows 10, and that updates to Windows 10 can not be completed. I have been using both products for a long time without any issues. Why am I getting the message now?
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Windows 10 Update

Jump to solution

What version of EndPoint Security are you running? To support Windows 1903, you will need to make sure that the system, if it already has ENS on it, is updated to the May Patch. If this is a fresh install off Windows 10 1903 then you will need the July Repost which is a full ENS installer that supports 1903.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

What version of EndPoint Security are you running? To support Windows 1903, you will need to make sure that the system, if it already has ENS on it, is updated to the May Patch. If this is a fresh install off Windows 10 1903 then you will need the July Repost which is a full ENS installer that supports 1903.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I am currently on Version 10.6.1.  I thought my installation was up to date.  Does the May patch come in the regular updates or does that have to be applied manually?

Thanks for your reply.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

You would need to manually update the client software. Only content updates are pushed automatically. For a full list of compatible versions depending on Win10 build, please see here: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB85784

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community