cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Why is my Firewall blocking 1 workstation

I have test system setup with 4 workstations. I have 1 custom firewall rulle policy set on these 4 machines.

Only 1 of the machines is blocking ping when it should allow. When i check the firewall log on client it is showing the screenshot attached. 

Can't figure this out.! I'm sure its a simple thing but i'm stumped

pic1.JPGpic2.JPGpic3.JPGpic4.JPG

5 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Why is my Firewall blocking 1 workstation

On your rules do you have a seperate ip for source/destination.

Are you pinging from 1 machine to all of them? Your destination says 1 ip. You would need a range or seperate rule for each ip.. Currently the only one based off your rule that should block is from 10.0.0.53 to .58

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

All machines can ping each other except the problem machine. The problem machine can ping all the others. The only issue is pinging the problem machine.

I deleted my custom rule policy and went with the default policy that can't be edited. And I still have the problem.

Weird.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Please see KB86691. Please get an AM Trace and MER and open a case with support. We will be glad to look into why.

How to use AMTrace to collect logging data from AMCore:

1. Prepare AMTrace:
    1. Download the zip package ENSDataCollect.zip from the Attachment section of this article.
    2. Extract the contents to the Desktop.

2. Run AMTrace:
    1. Click Start, type cmd.exe in the Search bar, right-click cmd.exe from the list, and select Run as administrator
    2. When you are ready to start a trace, use the command option below, that the relevant data collection section requires.

NOTE: The following are the paths to the AMTrace.exe file locations:
      • C:\Users\username\Desktop\ENSDataCollect\AMTracex86
      • C:\Users\username\Desktop\ENSDataCollect\AMTracex64

AMTrace command options:

• To use the AMTrace onboot option, run the following command:

AMTrace.exe -b onboot -m 2GB

This command instructs the tool to begin a trace at the next boot.

NOTE: The "GB" is case sensitive. This example limits the log size to 2 GB. 10 MB is the minimum accepted value, and 512 MB is the default if not specified.

• To use AMTrace with the now option:

AMTrace.exe -b now -m 2GB

This command instructs the tool to begin a trace immediately.

NOTE: The "GB" is case sensitive; this example limits the log size to 2 GB.

• To use AMTrace with the rollover option:

AMTrace.exe -b now -m 2GB -L rollover 3

IMPORTANT: The "L" option has a defect that ignores the number of rollover logs; the logs increment until logging is stopped. This issue is resolved in AMTrace 1.5.

NOTE: The "L" and "GB" are case sensitive.

This command instructs the tool to begin a trace immediately, and to limit the log size to 2 GB. When the log reaches 2 GB, a new log is created. The name of the log is appended with _1 for the first log, _2for the second log, and so on, until the rollover count is reached. When the rollover count is reached, the _1 log is overwritten. This process continues until you stop the trace, the user logs off, or you shut down the system.

3. Stop the trace and save the log using the following command:

AMTrace -e

To confirm whether an AMTrace is in progress, run the following command to list any active traces:
AMTrace -q

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Its an evaluation copy I am testing to see if we want to use the software. Will I be able to log a support call ?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

I would contact your sales guy. he would be the best to answer how to talk to support during POC

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community