cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Why is Pearson Vue proctor program getting blocked by McAfee ?

I used a work laptop to take an exam with Person Vue - world renowned certification program. To my surprise, the McAfee endpoint protection was blocking it and making it behave abnormally.

I turned off McAfee features and it worked great, but there is a 55 minute policy enforcement rule set-up by my organisation, which meant the threat detection started after this time, and killed my exam almost at the end - loosing my work and causing frustration.

How can this happen, I have taken Exin and PeopleCert exams without any issue in the past on the same machine. 

Can you fix this? It's probably affecting a lot of people taking Pearson Vue certifications from work machines. 

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Why is Pearson Vue proctor program getting blocked by McAfee ?

Hi,

You need to submit a sample to McAfee for re-categorization.

Here is an article how to do it:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB85567

Also here some info about Artemis detections in McAfee from Document ID: TS100414 :

McAfee software uses our Global Threat Intelligence (GTI, formerly Artemis) technology for enhanced detection of unknown threats based on the behavior of the file. 

Artemis is included in the detection name for any file that is quarantined or blocked by GTI. Artemis in this case is not the name of a virus or malware; it indicates that something else was quarantined or blocked by GTI

GTI helps to secure your computer from unknown threats by allowing your McAfee software to communicate with McAfee servers in real time to identify new threats and take appropriate action using a combination of signature and behavior analysis with community threat intelligence.

GTI will quickly notify you if the file should be blocked or quarantined through the following steps:

1. VirusScan detects a suspicious file for which there is no signature in the .DAT database on your computer.

2. Using Global Threat Intelligence, your computer sends a fingerprint of the file to the comprehensive database at McAfee Labs.

3. If the fingerprint is identified as known malware, an appropriate response is sent to you to block or quarantine the file. 

This additional protection is automatically included with your McAfee software.

Aside from this ATP module did not block it as the rule is set only on monitoring mode.

However if the containment is affecting your software I would suggest to make an exclusion for both On-Access Scanner and ATP. If you have TIE you can change the reputation of the file to Trusted.

Best Regards,

GA

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community