cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enxl
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Which firewall rule allows TCP port 8081 from ANY to HOST?

Hi,

I am interested in locking down the McAfee ENS firewall so that only the EPO server and the management workstation can connect to the agent on each PC.

When I look at the firewall rules (I just edited the default policy to customize it) I don't see a rule that allows EVERY IP ADDRESS to connect to port 8081 TCP.

Does anyone know which rule does this? I just want to modify it so that only source IPs that need to connect to it can connect to it.

3 Replies
enxl
Level 8
Message 2 of 4

Re: Which firewall rule allows TCP port 8081 from ANY to HOST?

I just want to note that we have the agent setup to accept connections ONLY from the EPO server but we don't want port 8081 showing as open during port scanning.

AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

Hi @enxl,

Thank you for your post.

This allowing of communication for McAfee applications are carried out by the McAfee Core networking rules. While they are not dependent on the ports and protocols in general, it is important that there is no "Customization" allowed to these core networking rules, however, you can duplicate and try to recreate these rules as needed.

Reference: https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/endpoint-security-10.7.x-common-product-guide-windows/page/GUID-5C381...

Allow McAfee signed applications Allows inbound and outbound network traffic related to McAfee products based on signer certificate value. No
Allow McAfee signed applications 2
Allow McAfee signed applications 3
Allow McAfee signed applications 4

Please note that not all rules from core networking rules can be duplicated as mentioned in this KBA:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB92563

I sincerely hope this helps.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
enxl
Level 8
Message 4 of 4

That is tremendously sloppy, I keep running into decisions your company makes that make your customers' environments less secure. Please fix it so that the rule in question is "broken out" from the other core networking rules.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community