cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is hotfix and patches in Endpoint security common

Currently, i only select security content that updates the DAT, AMCORE...etc but what if I select the hotfix, patches as well, what are those kinds of stuff I'm updating? Mind if can share with me as I kinda new to this
2 Replies
yaz
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: What is hotfix and patches in Endpoint security common

Hi @User95478885 

Thank you for reaching out to McAfee Community.

When you select hotfixes and patches, if you have to get a new patch upgrade or a hotfix is available in the repository, then those upgrades can happen accordingly.

If you would not prefer to rollout, then you can select the Security contents only and this helps to update DAT AMCORE etc

Was my reply helpful?

If Yes, please give me a Kudo.

If I have answered your query, kindly mark this as solution so that together we help other community members. 

Re: What is hotfix and patches in Endpoint security common

OK I just want to clarity for my understanding. So if let's say my current ens is 10.6.0.0 then I select the hotfix and patches then I will help to update automatically to all clients if there's an updated version (10.7.0.0) right? Does this apply to mcafee agent as well from 5.6 to 5.7?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community