Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

What causes AMCore Content Additional Reason to be Unknown

We are running the latest Endpoint Security 10.6.1 and only deploy the Threat Prevention module. We are using using the latest ePO agent 5.5.1.388. 

I have just started seeing several systems report AMCore Content Additional Reason be Unknown. What does that mean. On several of the systems, I was able to utilize the McAfee Endpoint removal tool to uninstall ENS 10.6.1 and then allow me to reinstall which fixed this issue. However, I can't keep doing this since it requires the remote workstations to reboot. Is there another way to fix without a system reboot and what is causing this. We are new to ENS as we were using VSE 8.8i. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 8.51.44 AM.png

3 Replies

Re: What causes AMCore Content Additional Reason to be Unknown

I have the same issue. But im my case I´m doing an upgrade from ENS version 10.5.4.x to version 10.6.1.x, including ENS TP+WC(Web Conctorl)+ATP. After the users rebooted their machines it came up to normal.

Best Regards,
McAfee Employee akatt
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

About the best I can produce at this time, is that I can retrieve an "Unknown" status for the AMCore Content Additional Reason and the AMCore Content Reason columns, by preventing the AMCore DAT Version from being uploaded to ePO as a product property.

So, I would suspect that when, for whatever various reasons, we can't properly upload the AMCore DAT Content version, we wil see this "Unknown" status for these custom columns.  Personally, I am failing to see any benefit with these columns, as they are blank when the AMCore DAT Content is properly reported, which of course is an important detail.

I will probe some internal contacts to see if we can provide a better explanation on the intention of these columns, and if there is any benefit to what these are intended to inform us of (if anything).

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

In my environment, i could access the ENS GUI directly from some workstation and on MCTRAY there was a red balloon and on ENS console there was no information about AMCORE dat version and AMCORE engine version, until we rebooted the machine. After the reboot we can get the appropriate information on ENS GUI and on ePO workstation inventory. Information like AMSI and amcore compliance are very important to us and we use it as a Enterprise Compliance. AMSI is only valid for Windows 10 and windows 2016 machines.
McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.