cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What DAT Definition?

I'm having an issue verifying what DAT definition have deployed to my estate. Help - About on the ENS client doesn't show DAT definition. The AMCORE version is 6010.8670 (dated July 10th). This is echoed by EPO. EPO tells me it has successfully updated the master repository overnight but the AMCORE version checked in is from July 10th. The DAT version checked in is 9318 and is dated today (July 15th). My company is being audited by a Customer this week and I need to prove that our AV is updating at least daily. Right now I can't do that because the only dates I have for deployed client is 5 days old. Is there a way I show the DAT file deployed? Thanks
4 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: What DAT Definition?

One thing to note DAT is the content for VSE and AMCORE is for ENS.

You can enable columns within ePO to show DAT/ AMCORE content number and/ or date. These can either be queried for in a custom query or displayed in the system tree by choosing your own columns.

What may also be helpful: There is a default query within ePO for ENS Compliance - the compliance is set for AMCORE is not older than 7 days. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
ChrisQ
Level 9
Message 3 of 5

If you go to https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/downloads/security-updates.html? you can see the current AMCore and DAT files.

Rather confusingly the one referred to as V3 Virus Definition Updates (DATs) is the current AMCore file for ENS 10.x and the one called V2 Virus Definition Updates (DATs) is the DAT file for VSE.

The version you're seeing, 6010.8670 (dated July 10th), is the AMCore engine version, the daily 'dat' is the AMCore content version, which should be shown a couple of lines up on the about screen.

Thanks for the help so far.

The master respository is showing AMCORE as updated July 10th - six days ago.  EPO says the master respository was updated successfully overnight.

The security updates page as AMCORE (for EPO) at version 3770 (dated July 15th).

I've downloaded the file and manually checked-in to EPO.  The master repository now shows AMCORE as 3770.

When I manually update my ENS client, it now shows AMCORE as 3770 dated July 15th.

The issue as I see it is that EPO task is completing successfully without actually doing anything.

ChrisQ
Level 9
Message 5 of 5

Look at the server task log for the Update Master Repository task, and click on it to see the log messages. 

This might give you more clue as to what's happening.

Depending on how you've set it up, you should see something like:

16/07/19 03:00:16 Started: Pulling content from McAfeeHttp to Evaluation branch
16/07/19 03:00:16 Repository Pull from site McAfeeHttp complete, no warnings
16/07/19 03:00:21 Checking in package Evaluation\VSCANDAT1000\DAT\9319.0000\0000
16/07/19 03:00:24 Checking in package Evaluation\VSCANDAT1000\DAT\9319.0000\0000 complete
16/07/19 03:01:14 Checking in package Evaluation\AMCORDAT2000\DAT\3770.0\0000
16/07/19 03:01:20 Checking in package Evaluation\AMCORDAT2000\DAT\3770.0\0000 complete
16/07/19 03:01:27 Completed: Pulling content from McAfeeHttp to Evaluation branch (Repository Pull successful from McAfeeHttp to Evaluation branch)

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community