Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zuku
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

Web Control for firefox is disabled all the time

Hi,

I installed web control for testing on one windows 10 pc, configured already internet explorer, and chrome by GPO to force extension, but my problem is with firefox v68. Web control extension is all the time disabled, and should be enabled every 30 minutes by ENS service right?

Is any way to troubleshoot this issue?

8 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 9

Re: Web Control for firefox is disabled all the time

Make sure you have these GPO settings enabled:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87568

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
zuku
Level 8
Message 3 of 9

I read this document, as you can see there is nothing about GPO setting regarding firefox, only IE and chrome.

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 9

My apologies! I somehow skimmed over the fact you'd mentioned firefox. In which case yes, as long as the ENSWC service is started the extension should be enabled. Is yours running?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
zuku
Level 8
Message 5 of 9

as I see, all Endpoint services apart firewall (I don't use this module) are working, but Firefox extension stay always turn off:

firefox.jpg

I manage firefox in my active drectory using files "mozilla.cfg" and "autoconfig.js" maybe in this way could this extension be enabled?

Highlighted
zuku
Level 8
Message 6 of 9

does support know about this issue that Web Control Extension do not work with firefox and working to fix it? If not where I could submit a ticket?

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 9

Sorry - I seemed to miss the notifications on this one.

Please do raise a request with support for further assistance. You can do this by the Service Portal or by calling: https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-gb/home/contact-us.html

Was my reply helpful?
zuku
Level 8
Message 8 of 9

where using provided link could I create a ticket using service portal? 

I see only phone numbers.

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 9

https://support.mcafee.com/

Was my reply helpful?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community