cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have Mcafee ePO. We are looking to protect IT environment against Ransomware

Jump to solution
Could you please send me your product that used to protect IT assets against ransomware. Also we need to POC for this product if Mcafee has such solution.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: We have Mcafee ePO. We are looking to protect IT environment against Ransomware

Jump to solution

Thank you for support.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: We have Mcafee ePO. We are looking to protect IT environment against Ransomware

Jump to solution

Hello @User38645070 

Thanks for your post.

I would like to inform you that we have Endpoint Security And VirusScan Enterprise.

Anyone from them can be installed to protect on your machine.

Please go the product download site and use your Grant number to login and then download it.

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-in/downloads/my-products.html

You can also login to your EPO and then go o the (Software Manager).

Search Endpoint Security or VirusScan Enterprise and then click on check in.

Once it get checked it successfully then Select any of the machine

System>Actions>Agent>Modify Tasks on a Single System>New Client Task Assignment>Assign that previously created task to be run immediately>Save

Send a wake up agent call or click once collect and send props from McAfee Agent Status monitor.

you can create task for all the machine using client task catalog-McAfee Agent-Product deployment-New Task.

once the task gets created please assign it to the particular groups or complete organisation.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Thank you quick response.

We deployed the following:

Ens advance threat prevention 10.7

Ens threat protection 10.7

Ens Security platform 10.7

Ens web control 10.7

Are these products protect our IT ennt from any version of ransomware.

Is it require any action from us or every things will done automatically?

Best regards

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Hello @User38645070 

Thanks for your response.

Looks good.

Please make sure that daily AMCORE is getting updated on the client machines.

If there is no AMCORE that please create a Product Update Task on daily basis.

We release AMCORE on daily basis .

Amcore can be checked in Current branch.

You can run the server task Update Master Repository or Pull now from Master Repository.

If you see any file and you want McAfee to check that file in that case please open a Support Service Request with Malware Team.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Thank you for support.

View solution in original post

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

I will move this over to ens team so they can answer ransomware specific questions.

Was my reply helpful?

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Hello @User38645070 ,

Just to add up on all the other information shared, In order to validate and confirm if McAfee definitions do have the detection on specific Ransomware, As suggested please do log a case with the Malware team along with the IOCs and sources so that we can validate on this specific campaign.

Additionally, please refer to https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91459
The article would explain in details about the instances we can involve McAfee Labs to validate coverage on specific Malware family 

Hitesh

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community