cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DocB
Level 10

W7, ENS 10.5.3, Invalid Repository and won't Update

Good day,

I have several W7 systems with ENS 10.5.3 and won't update the AMCore content.  Error message is invalid repository for an SA repository which is listed on the client and can be pinged.  Communicates with ePO server without problems.  W10 systems with the same settings work correctly.  Both have 5.0.6.220 Agent.  W7 systems rebooted several times.  Any suggestions?

Thanks for the assistance,

DocB

0 Kudos
5 Replies
chrisnlc
Level 10

Re: W7, ENS 10.5.3, Invalid Repository and won't Update

I have this too. I either have to reinstall MA and/or ENS and then it'll update in 75% of cases.

Those remaining 25% of non-updaters have either invalid repository or error downloading pkgcatalog.z

0 Kudos
damiafaw
Level 10

My error was problems with the repository but mostly the error downloading pkgcatalog.z and the other modules such as AMCORE dat, etc

I have two machines that were not updating the AMCore Content, found that disabling the AMCore Content Reputation (Last tick box) in the ENS Threat Prevention, Show Advanced, Options for the machine itself, then trying the update 5-10 mins later (assuming your policies enforcement hasnt re-run) works and now I have an updated AMcore content.

I have a bunch of machines with this issue or .5 or blank amcore content....but I cant test those yet to confirm as prod and no access to those servers, but two are working again as of today for content version update that I could access

0 Kudos
damiafaw
Level 10

Actually it might be the mcafee self protection policy causing the problem (may have turned that off too) per McAfee of the logs.

0 Kudos
damiafaw
Level 10

We determined what our issue was....if we had the Use Internet Explorer settings (For Windows) / System Preferences settings (For Mac OSX) for repositories in the policy, it would fail if no user was logged in because the agent gets an error doing proxy setting query and stops the task (automated or manual).  But if a user is logged on, the agent gets a blank reply (no proxy) and then goes ahead with the update.

So we have selected No Proxy and everything is updating perfectly now without an issue…the server we have failing to update when no user is logged on, is updating again for DAT/AMCore versions.

McAfee were not any help after MER files were sent to them either.

Best to work it out yourself it seems

gene0915
Level 9

Our environment is probably 95% Windows 7 and 5% Windows 10. Everyone is on ENS 10.5.3/MA 5.0.6 and we have about 1,200 +/- systems with this exact problem. Tried all the solutions listed below and no luck.

Luckily, for some odd reason, Windows Security Center isn't barking about out of date virus detections. (Security center warnings are not supressed with GPO so no idea why it ISN'T popping up alerts for this.)

Our only fix so far is a complete reinstall of MA 5.0.6 and/or a complete reinstall of ENS.

0 Kudos