Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Yo
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Validation Trust Protection Service (VTPS) is not running.

Jump to solution
Hello Community. I am upgrading Windows Servers from VSE patch 7 to ENS 10.5.5. After the upgrade and system reboot, the VTPS service is not running and is set to either "manual" or "demand". Our McAfee product installed on the systems subjected to this upgrade are just MA 5.6.1 and ENS 10.5.5 Platform and TP, NO web control, no firewall, no ATP module. Since our monitoring team is monitoring VTPS service as it is classified as "critical service that must be running", we need to know if this is still true nowadays. I already looked into the McAfee knowledge base but I can't find an exaustive explanation. Is the service "validation Trust Protection Service" supposed to run continuously or not anymore with Endpoint security platform and TP installed?
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Validation Trust Protection Service (VTPS) is not running.

Jump to solution

Hi @Yo 

With ENS this is no longer the case. Our services are now controlled by our MMS service so you will no longer need mfevtps to show as running under services.

More details can be found here: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB85374

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
Yo
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

I was aware of KB85374 but I needed it to be confirmed specifically for VTPS.

2 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi @Yo 

With ENS this is no longer the case. Our services are now controlled by our MMS service so you will no longer need mfevtps to show as running under services.

More details can be found here: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB85374

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
Yo
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

I was aware of KB85374 but I needed it to be confirmed specifically for VTPS.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community