Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor denn
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 16

Re: Upgrading from 10.5.1 to 10.6.1 was not successful

Jump to solution

Also you can try to remove ENS from add/remove program. If Removal tool not working or unable to remove with client task

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 12 of 16

Jump to solution

You should always try removing through convential ways before reverting to the tool. The tool is only to be used in case these methods don't work:

1. uninstallation via ePO

2. uninstallation via add/remove programs

3. uninstallation via msi string (can be found: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\ENDP_AM_1060 >> uninstall string)

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Thank you for all the responses. I get good support here than I acutually do from  creating a ticket Smiley Happy

Another unrelated issue. We have few hundreds of Windows servers 2008 R and greater. They currently have VSE. upgrading them to 10.6.1 doesn't seem working. I am sure if we remove VSE and deploy ENS 10.6.1, it will work, But that require a reboot. It will take us a year to upgrade to the latest if we have to wait to coordindate with other team to reboot. Any reason you can think of preventing the upgrade? 

Currently they are on 8.8.0.1445. The agent is already upgraded to the latest 5.5.1.388

McAfee Employee akatt
McAfee Employee
Message 14 of 16

Jump to solution

@User16096767 May want to consider attempting the update using the EUA (Endpoint Upgrade Assistant) utility. The latest product guide for the latest version is located here:

https://kc.mcafee.com/agent/index?page=content&id=PD28017

Installation issues can be difficult to diagnose, unless we have reference to an on-screen error that we have previously diagnosed and determined root cause for. It could even be that VSE itself is not removing properly, thereby preventing the ENS installation from continuing. If it might help, for ENS installation/upgrade issues, we normally start by reviewing the "Common Bootstrapper log," and this often give us an error message that then points to the "VSCore Installer log." If the failure is due to the platform or core drivers not sucessfully copying/installing, the VSCore Installer log will give us further direction. If the failure is due to something like Threat Prevention failing to install, there is then a "Threat Prevention Installer log" that we can review to locate failure points.

To really be successful with diganosing the failure, it takes a good review of the installation logs, which of course a MER can obtain for us, but then would need an SR opened if assistance is needed reviewing those logs.

Note, that, for the scenario of migrating from VSE 8.8 to ENS, a reboot is suggested regardless of how the migrationg is performed. While the product doesn't force this (which is why we don't state it as required), there are core drivers for VSE that cannot be removed, and also a core driver for ENS that cannot be loaded, unless a reboot is performed. Doesn't mean it will cause a failure, but as a best practice, it is definitely recommended.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

I am seeing an error "Install is not supported on this OS with Solidcore Installed unless compatible reg, cannot proceed with install"value is found. Solidcore found, but the one compatible with ENS not found. Cannot proceed with install"

This means if server has old Solidcore version, Upgrade will not work. is that correct?  

Highlighted
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 16 of 16

Jump to solution

Correct. If you upgrade to a compatible version you should be able to proceed. I would advise that you first discuss with the Solidcore team the best method for bringing that product up to date and compatible before proceeding with the migration to ENS.

Was my reply helpful?

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.