Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 14

Re: Upgrading ENS 10.5.3 to 10.5.4

vbandit,

A support contract is required to download the software, and the update is a manual process.  Go to the business support site, the download section, and choose Product Downloads.  Enter the required information and download the packages, documentation and HF, if present.  Read documentation, install extensions, and upload packages to server master repository.  The installation upload is not the same thing as the patch upload.  Understand the use of branches before uploading to the repository.  You'll have to create and understand how to client tasks and policies before pushing to endpoints. 

The above is a rough guideline,

DocB

Hi DocB, 

thank you for your reply!

So thats why I am not able to do it... I am waiting for my licenses (my colleagues are dealing with the payments) and I am still using the evaluation mode. 🙂 I already checked the trials downloads section but there is only ENS 10.5.3. So... Is there a way to download and upgrade when I am in evaluation period?

Regarding the Client tasks:

I have configured one deployment task with Security Platform, Threat Prev. FW, and WebControl and I am using one custom policy. I attahed them to the tree container where my endpoints are.

Is this enough to protect my environment correctly?

What if I just change the version of the ENS in the client task? Is it correct upgrade step?

Thank you!

Highlighted

Hey guys,

just wanted to share my info with y'all:

The release notes mention a new policy called "Doppelganging attacks on processes"... I have done some research and could not find that policy on the EPO. So, I have opened a ticket at Mcafee and the T1 support told me, that this is a bug.

The situation and issues I have are these:

1. the AP rule is only visible on the client interface of ENS only

2. the AP rule is only in place if you do a fresh installation of ENS 10.5.4. If you upgrade / patch from 10.5.2 or 10.5.3 to the latest, you will not see that rule.

3. if you encounter some issues and triggers with that rule, you have to manually change it on every client.

Keep that in mind when you upgrade 😄

P.S: For reference - the SR was 4-18758614481

Thank you for the update and sincere apologies for delay in reply to your email. I have reviewed your queries and I have mentioned my response.

Q: Why does McAfee not state in their documentation, that this is only visible on the "client" even though you manage the product over the server?

A: We have just encountered the issue as it cannot be managed by the ePO server and later found that this is will show only at the client interface.

Q:Why does McAfee not state in their documentation, that this is only visible when you perform a full installation and not a patch? Imagine you 200-500 installations and you have to uninstall - reboot - install in order to get that feature?

A: The workaround is what I had observed and its not a permanent fix as we have our team still working on this but we are not aware if the fix will be released or it would be corrected under the next update.

Q: If there is an issue with the rule - I have to manually change all the clients by hand?

A: I understand your concern Alexander and I would check if there is a workaround to manage from ePO

Greetings,

Alex.

Reliable Contributor bretzeli
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 14 of 14

Hello,

Migrated about 10 of our 1XX customers to 10.5.4 last few weeks and there where some larger with up to 1'000. This was seamless and no errors happend. There where no errors in terms of bundle checkin and atcual/previous depot like we have in earlier version with the patches and 10.X.

We did roll out:

* Platform

* Threat

* ATP Module

- No Web

- No Firewall

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community