Highlighted
Blod
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Upgrade VSE8.8 & HIPS to ENS with EUA

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I am trying to upgrade from VSE 8.8 with HIPS to ENS 10.6.1 with EUA 2.3, sadly it exit with an error code 7000, which I cannot find (7010 7020 are link to HIPS so I guess 7000 is as well).

Just before this exit code, I have the following:

OB2 VTP Privileges: 1
OB2 VTP Validation State: 50
OB2 Validation successful
OB2 run_command - Current timeout is 9000000
OB2 VTP Privileges: 1
OB2 VTP Validation State: 50
OB2 Validation failed
OB2 Parent process is not a valid McAfee process
OB2 run_command - C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\Current\EUA_AUTO1000\Install\0000\mfesetup.exe --steps=verify --product_guid=copy_verification failed with error code:191
OB2 Processing operation type 4 for product: copy_verification --- FAIL
OB2 Processing operation type Exit for product: copy_verification--- Exiting
OB2 ========== OneBuildController process_exit exit_code is 7000
 OB2 RebootManager - Successfully deleted scheduled task
OB2 Disable access protection for file C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\Current\EUA_AUTO1000\Install\0000\mfesetup.exe - succeeded
OB2 Disable access protection for file C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\Current\EUA_AUTO1000\Install\0000\mfesetup.exe - succeeded
OB2 Disable access protection for file C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\Current\EUA_AUTO1000\Install\0000\mfesetup.exe.delete - succeeded
OB2 Utility::delete_file_on_reboot - MoveFileEx call succeeded for file: C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\Current\EUA_AUTO1000\Install\0000\mfesetup.exe
OB2 Disable access protection for file C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\Current\EUA_AUTO1000\Install\0000\mfeonebuild.exe - succeeded
OB2 Disable access protection for file C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\Current\EUA_AUTO1000\Install\0000\mfeonebuild.exe - succeeded
OB2 Disable access protection for file C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\Current\EUA_AUTO1000\Install\0000\mfeonebuild.exe.delete - succeeded
OB2 Utility::delete_file_on_reboot - MoveFileEx call succeeded for file: C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\Current\EUA_AUTO1000\Install\0000\mfeonebuild.exe
OB2 Getting MD5 for d70590e9-d790-485a-9d13-722fb62b9329
OB2 Telemetry key data was read. Preparing to send POST request.
OB2 Telemetry connect failed: The connection could not be verified. Incorrect response of the connected party after the time interval or no response from the connected host
OB2 ========== OneBuild Failed

Thanks in advance for any lead on the matter.

Regards.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Re: Upgrade VSE8.8 & HIPS to ENS with EUA

Jump to solution

Thanks for reviewing. Please ensure you are using the latest version of the EUA Tool (2.3.0.33)

If you are and the issue still persists, could you please gather the following data (see "One or more ENS components fail to install") in KB: https://kc.mcafee.com/agent/index?page=content&id=KB86691

Along with a MER file after reproducing the issue and gathering this data, you can then raise a service request with this data for our further analysis.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
4 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

It looks like it is failing at this point (from the extract you have posted):

OB2 run_command - C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\Current\EUA_AUTO1000\Install\0000\mfesetup.exe --steps=verify --product_guid=copy_verification failed with error code:191

Are these Windows 7 machines by any chance? If so, please ensure they have Microsoft KB3033929 installed. This update adds the required SHA256 certificate support to Windows 7. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
Blod
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Sorry for the late answer, I installed a test computer actually to have access to it. (with the same image than the others), and I can install ENS without any issue when I install it manually.

The KB3033929 is indeed installed.

Regards.

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Thanks for reviewing. Please ensure you are using the latest version of the EUA Tool (2.3.0.33)

If you are and the issue still persists, could you please gather the following data (see "One or more ENS components fail to install") in KB: https://kc.mcafee.com/agent/index?page=content&id=KB86691

Along with a MER file after reproducing the issue and gathering this data, you can then raise a service request with this data for our further analysis.

Was my reply helpful?
Blod
Level 7
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Well I can only download the 2.3.0.23 which is the one installed Smiley Happy So I'll go for the support !

Thanks anyway for trying Smiley Happy