cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade VSE to ENS-What is correct Procedure -First Step to Last Step?

I will Upgrade VSE to ENS. I am running  ePO 5.9.1 and Agent 5.5.1.462 .I have VSE 8.8.0.2300

Too much information and other issues are not clear enough. I thought I would verify that my plans are correct.

Which is the first to update and second and so on- or does it really matter?

I am not going to use the Migration Assistant.

From what I read  and studied I am thinking to take these steps:

1. Update ePO to 5.10.0 Update 9 on my server. 
  3. Install ENS  on my server. Not sure if it will uninstall VSE on the server automatically or I need to uninstall first?
  5. Update Agent to 5.7.3 on my systems.--Not sure if I need to uninstall current Agent from systems first and reboot?
  7. Install ENS  on my systems. (Which will proceed to uninstall VSE first automatically and then install ENS.)
2 Replies
pv
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Upgrade VSE to ENS-What is correct Procedure -First Step to Last Step?

Hi @User63913563 ,

Thank you for your post!

VSE to ENS upgrade does not actually require EPO upgrade. It depends on the version compatibility of EPO, MA and ENS. Check the compatibility from below KB's.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51569

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51573

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB82761

EPO 5.9.1 is compatible with ENS 10.7.x .

ENS 10.7.x is compatible with MA 5.7.x.

Hence i would suggest you to follow the below steps:

Upgrade MA to 5.7.4 / 5.7.x .

Check in the ENS 10.7 bundle to Master repository. (Includes packages and extension)

If you would like to migrate the policies of VSE to ENS use Migration Assistant. (Automatic migration or Manual migration)

Run an ENS 10.7.x install task from EPO. (ENS installation will remove the VSE product on the system)

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

GPV

Re: Upgrade VSE to ENS-What is correct Procedure -First Step to Last Step?

Yes thanks for that info and the confirmation of not needing to upgrade my ePO for this installation. Much appreciated for your input.. 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community