Did you mean: 
erez
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Upgrade Endpoint Security Products

Hey!

I wanted to know what should I follow in order to upgrade:

Endpoint Security Threat Prevention (Ver 10.6.1.1777 )

Endpoint Security Platform (10.6.1.1724)

Endpoint Security Web Control (10.6.1.1503).

Most endpoints are windows 10, some are macOS, and some are windows server 2016/2019.

When trying to check in the latest version (McAfee Endpoint Security + ATP 10.7) I looked at all the Components and it seems that not all of them I'm using right now, for example Endpoint Security Firewall, McAfee Client Proxy, Endpoint Security Adaptive Threat Protection.

Not sure if this is the right way either. Would be happy to get some guidance.. thanks!

1 Reply
vivs
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Upgrade Endpoint Security Products

Hello @erez 

Thanks for your post.

It seems you checked in the package from Software Catalog/Manager.

The product pushed as in bundle only.

To upgrade your version from one version to another version .

You can create a product deployment task starting with Endpoint Security Platform then Threat Prevention and at last web control.

You can create the task from Client Task Catalog>New Task>McAfee Agent>Product Deployment and then Assign the task to My Organisations (For all the machines) or select particular sub-groups.

If you want to do it on one machine in that case select:

Select System>Actions>Agent>Modify/Edit Task on a Single System>McAfee Agent>Product Deployment>Create  New Task:Add the products start from Platform and then other components of Endpoint Security.

While scheduling the task you will get options for schedule like run immediately or daily etc.

Once task saved send Wake-up Agent Call to the machine or Click collect and send props from McAfee Agent Status Monitor.

Please make sure if the machine is connecting through VPN in that case wake up call and run client task will not work.

Please check KB85013 and KB58818

For product supported version on OS:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB82761

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB84934

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community