cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating ENS 10.7 - Product Update Missing 10.7 under Patches and Service Packs

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm looking at the product update options for ENS 10.7. For VSE, we disable the default client update task and control updating with the agent product update task.

If I create a new task, I cant see the option to update ENS 10.7, only 10.6.1.

Earlier this week I had completely removed ENS 10.7 and extension to do with another issue I had. It was reinstalled using the Software Catalog as a package and all the extension show in ePolicy.

Do I need to remove the old ENS 10.6.1 extensions?

ProductUpdate.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Re: Updating ENS 10.7 - Product Update Missing 10.7 under Patches and Service Packs

Jump to solution

To update the client version of ENS i.e. from 10.7.0.1675 to 10.7.0.1733 to you need to use a "Product Deployment" task. not a "Product Update" task. You'll notice in the Master Repository the client package will be listed as Install and not Patch/ Hotfix - this indicates you need to use the deployment task type.

The latest ENS Common version for 10.7 is: 10.7.0.1733 (so you are already up to date)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5

Re: Updating ENS 10.7 - Product Update Missing 10.7 under Patches and Service Packs

Jump to solution

Hi @richgrant 

Thanks for posting on the Community again 🙂

If you are upgrading from 10.6 to 10.7 you need to use a product deployment task. In fact most of our updates are now all full installers (.msi) instead of patch updates (.msp) so typically you'll need to use a product deployment task to upgrade to newer builds.

You probably still have a Hotfix or some sort of patch still checked in your Master Repository for 10.6.x and hence it's still listed within your product update task selection list.

Just in case - to perform the daily content update task, you need to tick "AMCore Content Package" for ENS. ENS will also need to update "ENS Exploit Prevention Content" every month too so make sure one of your tasks includes this updater package.

Jump to solution

Hi @Former Member 

Thank you for your prompt response again!

I've removed all the old ENS 10.6.1 from the master repository and the update options are now removed from the update task.

To update the client version of ENS (including the Firewall client) e.g currently the Endpoint Security Platform is showing  version 10.7.0.1733, is done by clicking the Endpoint Security Exploit Prevention Content' option?

update.jpg

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

To update the client version of ENS i.e. from 10.7.0.1675 to 10.7.0.1733 to you need to use a "Product Deployment" task. not a "Product Update" task. You'll notice in the Master Repository the client package will be listed as Install and not Patch/ Hotfix - this indicates you need to use the deployment task type.

The latest ENS Common version for 10.7 is: 10.7.0.1733 (so you are already up to date)

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

thank you @Former Member 

We are moving from VSE to ENS 10.7 (Tested 10.6 some time ago, but never deployed it) and used to upgrading the client using the product update task.

Thanks again.

Rich

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community