cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Uninstalling McAfee agent breaks javascript

Jump to solution

I've encountered an issue with a user on Windows Server 2008 R2.  When removing the McAfee agent (5.5.1) manually or running the removal it breaks Javascript in IE 11.  So far, this has been a problem on 3 of their servers.  They are forced to restore from backups to fix the issue. They are forced to run Javascript 6.45 due to an older application.

Has anyone else had this issue?  Is there another way to remove the agent?  It seems to delete a file needed by Javascript.

EDIT: Posted in the ePO section as suggested

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Uninstalling McAfee agent breaks javascript

Jump to solution

@msmiley You will get better response to your question if you move this to the ePO Community Forums as that is monitored by individuals who support the McAfee Agent as MA falls under that umbrella.

If you have questions regarding Endpoint Security products in the future, then this would be the right place for that Smiley Happy

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

1 Reply
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Uninstalling McAfee agent breaks javascript

Jump to solution

@msmiley You will get better response to your question if you move this to the ePO Community Forums as that is monitored by individuals who support the McAfee Agent as MA falls under that umbrella.

If you have questions regarding Endpoint Security products in the future, then this would be the right place for that Smiley Happy

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?