Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iremas
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Uninstalling McAfee Endpoint Security

We have a laptop which has was no entry for McAfee in 'Programs and features' so I removed McAfee via the EPO server. This seemed to only remove the program files but leave all reg entries and services running.

I have tried to delete the reg keys manually but keep getting access denied. I can't change owner of the reg keys either due to the same message. I've also used psexec to open regedit as system level permission but am still unable to delete the keys!

I have also tried installing McAfee again but get an error each time.

Has anyone got any ideas other than formatting the laptop and reinstalling windows?

Thanks!

2 Replies

Re: Uninstalling McAfee Endpoint Security

McAfee Endpoint Product Removal tool will remove all Mcafee products. You can only get this from the McAfee support team. However you can also try:removing it from the command prompt.

Press Windows+R, type regedit and click OK.
Navigate to one of the following registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Wow6432Node/McAfee/ePolicy Orchestrator/Application Plugins

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Wow6432Node/NetworkAssociates/ePolicy Orchestrator/Application Plugins

NOTE: The registry key will change if the McAfee Agent is installed before the point product is installed. McAfee products might be listed under both registry keys, but will have to be removed only once if the uninstall string is identical.

Select the key for the product that you want to remove. For example, EPOAGENT3000.
Right-click Uninstall Command and select Modify.
Highlight all of the text in the Value data field, right-click, and select Copy. For example:

EPOAGENT3000\Uninstall Command = "C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrmInst.exe" /Remove=Agent /Silent

Click Cancel.
Close the registry editor.
Press Windows+R, type Run, paste the contents copied from step 5 into the Open field, and then click OK.

Joshua R Kennedy

Re: Uninstalling McAfee Endpoint Security

The Uninstall string is in for the ENS Components:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\

Firewall  ver 10.5.3

MsiExec.exe /X{23E52C73-A84B-47C2-8D8D-24C5C04181B3}

TP ver 10.5.3

MsiExec.exe /X{4F574B83-3AE0-419F-8A3B-985C389334B4}

Platform ver 10.5.3

MsiExec.exe /X{6D20F37F-05CB-401E-83A3-DEB93B29196E}

Web Control ver 10.5.3

MsiExec.exe /X{A848621E-448D-453B-A49D-F61B289E5D3D}

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community