Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

Uninstalling McAfee Endpoint Security

Jump to solution

Hi, I know there already posts for this issue but I have tried the suggested fixes but all failed. I am unable to uninstall mcafee endpoint security 10.2 from my MacBook Pro retina 2015, my os is high Sierra 10.13.6. 

I have done the terminal: (sudo ... uninstall EPM ) but get uninstallation failed, even after trying multiple times it fails.

I am unable to drag to the trash when I do, nothing happens after I type in the password. The application does not move to the trash. 

The if you right right click on the application “show content” - there is no uninstall file. 

I noticed that if I check my activity monitor that the “menulet ”  and “mcafee reporter” are still running...  I have tried to stop the process but it doesn’t work. Thanks for any help! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jess_arman
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 9

Re: Uninstalling McAfee Endpoint Security

Jump to solution

@Former Member If this is a single system, then you also can look to follow the instructions in KB88461, especially Solution 2, in order to remove. Could potentially save you the time of needing to call Support.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please give kudos or select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

8 Replies
sbenedix
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

Raise it with the MAC/Linux side of the house: https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Mac-and-Linux-Products/bd-p/mac-and-linux, possibly more feedback/expertise there. The ENS forum is more Windows centric, as it were.

BenEllis
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

Please open a ticket with MAC/Linux ENS. We can look into it and provide a tool to remove it like the EPR but for mac.

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

that doc is not available anymore

I am trying to get this off my personal computer running high sierra. When i worked at oracle they had me install a corp version of endpoint. I retired and I can't get it off. The terminal commands dont work because they ask me for my corporate password which I have zero ideas about.

jess_arman
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

@Former Member If this is a single system, then you also can look to follow the instructions in KB88461, especially Solution 2, in order to remove. Could potentially save you the time of needing to call Support.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please give kudos or select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution
Solution 2 worked !! Thank you
JoseRR
Level 10
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution
I would re install it in order to repair the installation. Once it finished uninstall it.
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

I also face issue un installation of ens 10.6? what article you recommend for me? 

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

You can follow the same steps.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community