cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Uninstall This App Now Because It Isn't Compatible With Windows 10

Jump to solution
I have a feature update queued from SCCM to upgrade our 1803 Windows 10 ENT devices to 1903. A number of hosts are returning an error when they get the feature update - Namely that the following products are all incompatible with Windows 10: - McAfee Endpoint Security Threat Protection 10.6.1.1128 - McAfee Endpoint Security Firewall 10.6.1.1045 - McAfee Endpoint Security Web Control 10.6.1.1047 - McAfee Endpoint Security Platform 10.6.1.1068 Not sure how to bypass this to allow the feature update to take place - Also, the standard image we're using is Windows 10 build 1903, and it has the exact same product versions added to the build during the task sequence. The products do not report any incompatibilities during the installation process or subsequent usage (on 1903).
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Uninstall This App Now Because It Isn't Compatible With Windows 10

Jump to solution

Hi javier.santana@ 

In order to upgrade to Windows 10 1903, you must be running at least the 10.6.1 May update version of the product. For a fresh install on Windows 10 1903, you must use at least the 10.6.1 July Repost update, which was the full installer version developed for compatibility with this version of Windows.

The version you have in your environment is the 10.6.1 Original posting, which is more than a year old at this point, and was not developed nor tested for compatibility with the 1903 Windows update as it was not yet available at the time. 

For additional information, we have a supported platforms KB article for ENS that documents which releases support which versions of Endpoint Security. https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB82761

Thank you,

Thank you,
Mitchell Buehler

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi javier.santana@ 

In order to upgrade to Windows 10 1903, you must be running at least the 10.6.1 May update version of the product. For a fresh install on Windows 10 1903, you must use at least the 10.6.1 July Repost update, which was the full installer version developed for compatibility with this version of Windows.

The version you have in your environment is the 10.6.1 Original posting, which is more than a year old at this point, and was not developed nor tested for compatibility with the 1903 Windows update as it was not yet available at the time. 

For additional information, we have a supported platforms KB article for ENS that documents which releases support which versions of Endpoint Security. https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB82761

Thank you,

Thank you,
Mitchell Buehler

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks - I'll give those updates a try and reply back.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community