cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkazi
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Uninstall ENS 10.7.0.2000 with a script automatically.

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm planning to deploy the latest Win 10 2004 feature update and looks like it requires to uninstall McAfee ENS to do the install. In our company we use IVANTI Security control to deploy the patches. There is an option to run a script through IVANTI before deploying any patches. Is there any script available that I can use to uninstall and reinstall ENS ?

McAfee Endpoint Security  McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hitesh_Reddy
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Uninstall ENS 10.7.0.2000 with a script automatically.

Jump to solution

Hello mkazi,

Thank you for writing, Usually, when we try to upgrade the Windows, it would check for the compatibility of the installed Antivirus (ENS in our case), if it is deemed not supported, It would bound to request to uninstall to proceed with the upgrade.

However, if at all if the ENS version used here is "ENS 10.7.0 September 2020 Update", It should be compatible with "Windows 10 2004", Please refer: KB82761: under "ENS 10.7.x supported Microsoft Windows client operating systems".

I would first suggest to re-confirm the ENS version on the problematic machine and if it is the September release, please do log a Service request to investigate this. 

That being said, Unfortunately, we do not have a script available that could be used by 3rd party applications to install or uninstall ENS. We would be needing to use EPO to uninstall the products.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Hitesh

View solution in original post

2 Replies
hitesh_Reddy
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hello mkazi,

Thank you for writing, Usually, when we try to upgrade the Windows, it would check for the compatibility of the installed Antivirus (ENS in our case), if it is deemed not supported, It would bound to request to uninstall to proceed with the upgrade.

However, if at all if the ENS version used here is "ENS 10.7.0 September 2020 Update", It should be compatible with "Windows 10 2004", Please refer: KB82761: under "ENS 10.7.x supported Microsoft Windows client operating systems".

I would first suggest to re-confirm the ENS version on the problematic machine and if it is the September release, please do log a Service request to investigate this. 

That being said, Unfortunately, we do not have a script available that could be used by 3rd party applications to install or uninstall ENS. We would be needing to use EPO to uninstall the products.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Hitesh

View solution in original post

mkazi
Level 10
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution
Thanks man, I have tried it out and it worked.
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community