Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdpsasi
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

Unable to push Mcafee endpoint security on the linux platform through epo

Jump to solution

i have installed EPO 510_2428_18_LR4 and through software catalog i have checked inall "McAfee_Endpoint_Security_10_7_0_667_17_bundle". 

When i deploy mcafee agent in windows and linux is works fine and also i can able to install Mcafee endpoint security Platform, firewall, adaptive threat protection, threat prevention and DLP endpoint on windows platform successfully.

but when try to push the mcafee package to the linux system, the deployment status show 0% and pending status. So could you please guide me how to install the Mcafee endpoint security Platform, firewall, adaptive threat protection, threat prevention and DLP endpoint on linux through epo. 

I have tried to import the Mcafee endpoint security for linux threat prevention 10.6.9 (which i have  downloaded the manually) in to EPO through install extension and Master Repository check in package, but no success. so please let me know if i am doing something wrong. and what is correct way to install Mcafee endpoint security package on linux.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hitesh_Reddy
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Re: Unable to push Mcafee endpoint security on the linux platform through epo

Jump to solution

Hello sdpsasi,

Thank you for writing. The package obtained from trails is only a Standalone package which would be the reason why you were unable to check-in or use it through EPO.

In order to have ENS for Linux packages and extension t through EPO, it seems like it would not work with the Eval-pack since the Eval package that is available is only with the Standalone version of it.

To manually download the ENS for Linux install package, would need to login to "https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-in/downloads/my-products.html" with the grant number, However, this would not be an Eval package.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Hitesh

View solution in original post

9 Replies
hitesh_Reddy
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

Hello

Let me first start clarifying that Adaptive threat protection is currently not supported on a Linux platform, I guess it is the same for DLP

ENS platform is an embedded package along with ENS Threat Prevention, So with the deployment package selected with "Endpoint security Threat Prevention" would install the ENS Platform automatically. And ENS Firewall as the next module to push via deployment TASK.

I would also first check the compatibility of the Linux OS for the respective ENS 10.6.9 version, Please refer:

Threat Prevention: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87073
Firewall: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91326

Once we have the confirmation regarding the OS compatibility, please refer to the document below which would walk you with the process of installation of Threat prevention and Firewall

Threat Prevention
https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/endpoint-security-10.6.6-installation-guide-linux/page/GUID-28D22198-...

Firewall:
https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/endpoint-security-10.6.6-installation-guide-linux/page/GUID-28D22198-...

Please check this and let us know if that works 

sdpsasi
Level 8
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

Dear Hitesh,

Thanks for promt response.

The Linux OS version which i'm using for this testing is Oracle Linux 6.10 & Oracle Linux 7.7 and also CentOS 6.10. Which is compatible with ENS 10.6.9. Please note that I don't have grant number.  

But when I create the client task i got the error message on the client task catalog page, which is " The selection is not valid for the selected platform : Linux", is this supposed to happen or is something going wrong with my updates?

Please refer attached error screenshot below.

hitesh_Reddy
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

Hello sdpsasi,

Thank you for sharing the OS details, I, unfortunately, could not see the screenshot, However, I assume the error "The selection is not valid for the selected platforms: Linux" is usually seen since the package selected seems to be of different OS, Could you please help me know whether the Threat prevention package you are seeing saying "McAfee Endpoint Security for Linux Threat Prevention" followed by the version.

Also if you could attach the screenshot once again, I might be able to understand it better

sdpsasi
Level 8
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

Dear Hitesh,

Sorry for the inconvenience, Please refer attached error and product list screenshot below.

I'm unable to view the "McAfee Endpoint Security for Linux Threat Prevention" package on the Products and components list.

Also I have tried to import the Mcafee endpoint security for linux threat prevention 10.6.9 package (which i have  downloaded the manually from Free Trials By Product Category is Endpoint Protection under Endpoint Security then selected Linux platform) in to EPO manually through install extension and Master Repository check in package, but no success. The error message is "Package missing required pkgcatalog.z file" on the Master Repository check in package and "Unable to install extension. The uploaded file was either corrupt or not of the proper format." on the Install extension. So please advice how to import the package

vivs
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Hello @sdpsasi 

Thanks for your response.

The task which you are creating is correct but the packages which you are selecting seems belongs to Windows Operating System.

You need to check-in the Linux Package from the Software Catalog and check-in the Endpoint Security Linux package.

Please see screenshot attached.

I believe once you will be able to check-in the correct package your deployment will work successfully.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

sdpsasi
Level 8
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

Dear Vivs,

Thanks for your response.

I am unable to view the Endpoint Security Linux package from the Software Catalog and also I have tried to import the Mcafee endpoint security for linux threat prevention 10.6.9 package (which i have  downloaded the manually from Free Trials By Product Category is Endpoint Protection under Endpoint Security then selected Linux platform) in to EPO manually through install extension and Master Repository check in package, but no success. The error message is "Package missing required pkgcatalog.z file" on the Master Repository check in package and "Unable to install extension. The uploaded file was either corrupt or not of the proper format." on the Install extension..

Please refer the error screenshot

hitesh_Reddy
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

Hello sdpsasi,

The error you reported seems to be with the package which incorrect for both extensions and also to load them in the master repository. With the exact package not available, the EPO would not allow us to push the deployment.

The Eval download that is available in the free trial is a standalone package, meaning we would need to perform the installation locally from the Linux box. The package name says "McAfeeTP-10.6.9-121-Eval-standalone.tar.gz", which is why checking it under extensions or Master repo is throwing out an error

Please refer to the article below which would guide on installing the ENS for Linux locally and this should help you.

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/endpoint-security-10.6.6-installation-guide-linux/page/GUID-8C47110C-...

NOTE:
You would need to install the McAfee agent if it is already not, Since the ENS would have dependency over the McAfee agent  

Adding additional information to check a few commands which would help you test the installation.

Test Threat Prevention installation:
https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/endpoint-security-10.6.6-installation-guide-linux/page/GUID-DFD6C1B9-...

View the default settings:
https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/endpoint-security-10.6.6-installation-guide-linux/page/GUID-6A8A2613-...

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

sdpsasi
Level 8
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

Dear Hitesh,

Sorry for delay in response. I have tested the below method it is working fine.

but my question is why can't i install "McAfee Endpoint Security for Linux Threat Prevention" through epo and why the Endpoint Security Linux package is not showing on the Software Catalog . 

Is it possible to manually import the "McAfee Endpoint Security for Linux Threat Prevention" package to epo server? if so how to download the download the eval pack?

hitesh_Reddy
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

Hello sdpsasi,

Thank you for writing. The package obtained from trails is only a Standalone package which would be the reason why you were unable to check-in or use it through EPO.

In order to have ENS for Linux packages and extension t through EPO, it seems like it would not work with the Eval-pack since the Eval package that is available is only with the Standalone version of it.

To manually download the ENS for Linux install package, would need to login to "https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-in/downloads/my-products.html" with the grant number, However, this would not be an Eval package.

Was my reply helpful?

Hitesh

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community