cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdamDJ
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Unable to find a valid repository. Update process failed.

Jump to solution

Since about the week of September 20th (2021), we have noticed on several computers on which we have McAfee Endpoint Security installed that they are failing to update because "a valid repository" cannot be found.  This error is received whether we use the Update Agent or try to update via the Update Now button in the McAfee Endpoint Security console.

The one difference between our setup and other historical logged instances by other community members that I have seen is that these are all standalone McAfee installations.  They are not controlled by ePolicy Orchestrator, so some of the other listed solutions are not possible here.  I have tried some of the other listed solutions, but they have not worked for us.

This has been seen on our system for both version 10.7.0.1093.23, and it has continued in instances where we have upgraded to version 10.7.0.1192.5.  The only case where this appears to have been resolved is when we did a full uninstall and then a reinstallation of the Endpoint Security solution.

Any recommendations other than having to fully uninstall and reinstall McAfee Endpoint Security?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unable to find a valid repository. Update process failed.

Jump to solution

Hi @AdamDJ,

Thank you for your post.

May I know if the below KBA resolves the issue for you:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB94895

McAfee Agent, although not apparently visible, is still an integral part of standalone installations of Endpoint Security. It still remains responsible for handling the update tasks for ENS. Should the mentioned work arounds fail to resolve your issue, I would recommend creating a Service Request with us for further investigation.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi @AdamDJ,

Thank you for your post.

May I know if the below KBA resolves the issue for you:

McAfee Agent, although not apparently visible, is still an integral part of standalone installations of Endpoint Security. It still remains responsible for handling the update tasks for ENS. Should the mentioned work arounds fail to resolve your issue, I would recommend creating a Service Request with us for further investigation.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

AdamDJ
Level 8
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Yes, this resolved the issue, thank you.

Although the instructions for uninstalling the Agent are somewhat lacking in KB94895, I found adequate instructions to do so in KB65863: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=kb65863

Specifically in my case: "c:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\x86\frminst.exe" /forceuninstall

muquit
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi Adam,
Thank you for reaching out.
Based on the information provided and the timeline of the issue, I suspect it was due to the change in NAIHttp repo change.
This has been documented in the below article.

Please review and let me know if you still have any questions.
There are certain workarounds mentioned for the same.

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Muquit
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community