Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Linuxxo
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Unable to Delete On Demand Tasks

Hi,

I have created an on-demand task that run based on a tag, however I now require to stop or delete the task as some old systems are struggling with the scan. I have found a KB that explain how to cancel the task on the endpoint, but the only option I have is to delete and the button is currently greyed out as per screenshot below. Is there something else that can be one to delete the task from the system?

ENS.png

3 Replies
hitesh_Reddy
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unable to Delete On Demand Tasks

Hello Linuxxo,

Thank you for writing, The reason why we do not see the option of "Delete" since this is a TASK seems to be a Custom ODS which is defined from EPO. The delete option would show up if the ODS is triggered locally from the Enduser (User-defined) 

I assume you seem to have followed the article "https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB89818" to cancel/Pause the task based on the settings in ENS common policy, But this would only be applied to the Policy-based scan but not custom based 

Could you please try deleting the applied TASK on this machine from the EPO and check if that helps you in getting the TASK deleted.

Hitesh

Linuxxo
Level 11
Message 3 of 4

Hi Hitesh,
Thanks for your reply, I have already tried to remove the task, but that did not work. I ended up having to remove and reinstall the ENS to delete the scan.
hitesh_Reddy
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Thank you for your response @Linuxxo , Unfortunately, sometimes it is complicated to stop that Custom task, even a reboot would just stop and resume after boot.

However, I am glad that you managed to address the concern. Thank you 

Hitesh

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community