cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bblanchard
Level 11

Transfer systems from an old 4.6 epo server to a new 4.6 epo server

Jump to solution

We would like to transfer our system from one 4.6 ePO server to a new 4.6 ePO server. I know that we can simply push the agent from the new one (which I've been doing) but we also have machines that have Endpoint encryption installed and it seems like transferring the system using the "Transfer system" function might be the way to do it for those machines.

The documentation isn't really clear on how to do it except for the.. go to system tree and select transfer system.

My question is regarding the preparation to get to that point. I assume that the steps are :

1- Register the new ePO on the old one.

2- Transfer or share policies from the old one to the new one

3-  Select "Transfer System" on the desired agents to be pushed to the new one.

Are there any other steps or am I missing something ? Do I need to export certain keys ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petersimmons
Level 12

Re: Transfer systems from an old 4.6 epo server to a new 4.6 epo server

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
4 Replies
petersimmons
Level 12

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
bblanchard
Level 11

Jump to solution

Exactly what I needed, thanks a lot !

Will I be able to transter agents that have endpoint encryption installed without the need to decrypt their drives?

0 Kudos
bblanchard
Level 11

Jump to solution

After doing test with a few machines, I can confirm that transfering systems from one ePO server to another will also migrate the endpoint encryption agent/client to the new one... assuming that the new epo server already has the same version of endpoint encryption installed.

0 Kudos
awhite28
Level 7

Jump to solution

So you moved th ekeys and transfered endpoitn clients to tohers. All you had to do then was re-create the user rules?

0 Kudos