Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Threat Security Update failed

Hi, my McAfee Endpoint Security for Mac has not been able to do the Threat Security update starting from a couple of days ago. I have attached two screenshots showing what it says in the Event Log. If anyone could guide me through how to resolve this, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

3 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Threat Security Update failed

Hello @JWKT 

Thanks for your post.

It seems you are updating the product and getting an error "Unable to find valid repository"

This generally comes when the qualifying product is not available in the repository.

There are other scenarios as well.

I would like to request you to please refer the below link 

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator/HOW-TO-TROUBLESHOOT-CLIENT-UPDATE-DEPLOYMENT-FA...

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a KudosAlso, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Ok. In the article you directed me to, it mentioned about installing and running the diagnostic tool MERtool. I downloaded it and ran it to generate the file. Is there a way you or anyone could follow up and help? Can I send you that file in a secured way so somebody can take a look?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Hello @JWKT 

I would suggest you to please raise a service request with the Support Team.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a KudosAlso, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community