• Event Description: Threat Prevention False Positive Mitigation
  • Description: Riduzione dei falsi positivi

what does this event mean? I can not understand

Tags (2)
4 Replies

Re: Threat Prevention False Positive Mitigation

Hi,

I believe that:
ENS automatically do false positive mitigations (Bad behaviour, but good reputation for example).
It is a new feature of ENS 10.5 ATP to show what events Mcafee categorised as "false positive", so you can screen for "false false positives".

rkokic
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 5

False positive:  so that these can be excluded?

McAfee Employee akatt
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

The event can be triggered when DATs convict a file, but the reputation of the file is not-malicious.  It requires that ATP is enabled, and that GTI connectivity is online, so that Real-Protect's (part of ATP) behavioral/dynamic scanner can mitigate the false.  It is much like producing a false detection with DAT content, but then changing the reputation of the hash using the TIE server, to prevent the detection from occurring.  ATP false-positive mitigation essentially provides an automated method of recovering from a DAT false.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

vnaidu
Level 11
Message 5 of 5

@stemax1

This event occurs whenever the DAT suspect the file, but in this case the reputation of the file is good.

Venu
Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.