cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Threat Database not very useful

Where can I find detail information for Artemis!0A5E3E8BF7AF threat name. The threat database wasn't very helpful or detailed?
4 Replies
McAfee Employee Kishore_A
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Threat Database not very useful

Hello There!

I suggest that you raise an SR with us. We must discuss multiple things so that we could provide the best information.

McAfee Employee patrakshar
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Please check the below article if that can be helpful.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB65525

Highlighted
McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Hi @User16152369 

First of all, Thank you for your post! Excellent question! I should begin by saying that this detection is not made by your DAT signatures. This is a detection by our technology call GTI (Global Threat Intelligence).

More information on these type of generic detection can be found here.

Having said that, I would recommend creating a Service Request with us as suggested by @Kishore_A .

By doing so, you are enabling us to get more specific information from our McAfee Labs by analyzing the samples from their end. I can internally confirm that the detection is based on this hash of the file: 0a5e3e8bf7af8680d0f01a63c70ff330 (as you can notice the string after Artemis in the detection name represents the first 12 characters is the detection name)!

More specific information about the detection can be obtained via Service Request since that would require out Labs team's involvement.

Sincerely hope this helps!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Reliable Contributor SWISS
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Thats just a RANDOM Name for a to 99% possible FALSE/POSITVE.

Upload whatever was mentioned to www.virustotal.com and Hybrid Analyse Online Sandbox. If both are clean you can skip it. If it's not blocked leave it.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community