Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sujit
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Third party AV uninstall?

Hi,

I want to deploy ENS 10.6 on around 10000 + systems but currently systems having Microsoft SCEP and Fore Front AV.

I have checked ENS third party AV remove supported version (KB85522). In this KBRT mentiond only SCEP 4.1 only supported for remove but we have multiple versions (Lower and Higher versions).

Please help me to remove third part AV.

3 Replies
jess_arman
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Third party AV uninstall?

@Sujit Unfortunately, if it is not listed in the KB85522 you've referenced as something that we are able to automatically remove prior to installation time (by calling their existing uninstallers from the registry), then you will have to either uninstall these applications through Programs and Features either local to your system or remotely. We don't have the ability to assist with other 3rd party software removal. 

After some searching online in regards to Fore Front, it appears that you may be able to check your client settings in SCCM and see if endpoint protection client is turned on,  then turn if off if so.  Next, tell it not to install the client, then mass remove via GPO. However, this is just information that I found after some searching and we cannot validate this nor assist with it. 

Since we call the uninstaller based on what the applications have listed in the registry for the products we do remove, it is possible you could find these for the other applications (if they exist) and call them via command line or scripting, as well.

If you find you need further assistance with removing these 3rd party products, we would have to point you to those vendors for assistance with their software.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

jess_arman
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

@Sujit Unfortunately, if it is not listed in the KB85522 you've referenced as something that we are able to automatically remove prior to installation time (by calling their existing uninstallers from the registry), then you will have to either uninstall these applications through Programs and Features either local to your system or remotely. We don't have the ability to assist with other 3rd party software removal. 

After some searching online in regards to Fore Front, it appears that you may be able to check your client settings in SCCM and see if endpoint protection client is turned on,  then turn if off if so.  Next, tell it not to install the client, then mass remove via GPO. However, this is just information that I found after some searching and we cannot validate this nor assist with it. 

Since we call the uninstaller based on what the applications have listed in the registry for the products we do remove, it is possible you could find these for the other applications (if they exist) and call them via command line or scripting, as well.

If you find you need further assistance with removing these 3rd party products, we would have to point you to those vendors for assistance with their software.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

marko125
Level 9
Message 4 of 4

Hello, I have used EEDK tool for such use cases. You can script almost whatever and package that for ePO and then execute those scripts or programs from ePO as usual McAfee component. Tool itself is located here https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Documents/ePO-Endpoint-Deployment-Kit-9-6-1-Enterprise-Edition/ta-p/... and some examples in community.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community