Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Status Unknown for Adaptive Threat Protection

Jump to solution
The issue in Technical Articles KB92095 is still an issue. The ENS December 2019 Update did not resolve the issue. We have systems that previously had the ENS December 2019 Update and have been upgraded to ENS April 2020 update. ATP status is Unknown.

Currently the Workaround in the KB fixes the issue, but I need answers to why KB92095 states its resolved in ENS Dec 2019 update when clearly its now. At least for my case. Help make this make sense. Thanks.

ENS Status of ATP = Unknown

In the view McAfee Security Status windows its shows:  McAfee Endpoint Security - Issue: ATP is not responding

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Status Unknown for Adaptive Threat Protection

Jump to solution

Hello @kblowe 

Thanks for your post.

I would like to request you to please open a Service Request with support team.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hello @kblowe 

Thanks for your post.

I would like to request you to please open a Service Request with support team.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

Level 10
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

On some systems, this workaround works, but after awhile the ATP is showing as "unknown" again in Endpoint Security.

A Technical Support case was open and the Tech stated to upgrade to ENS 10.7 or 10.6.1 July 2020 Update to resolve the issue, which was the latest update out at the time of the case open. I have yet to upgrade from ENS 10.6.1 April 2020 Update to one of those updates to verify if it resolves the problem. None of the release notes of any ENS 2020 update specifically addresses this issue.

Once I upgrade I will update here if the issue reappears.

Level 10
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

To provide an update, the issue reappeared after I upgraded to ENS & ATP to Sept 2020 update. I'm going to have to open another case with Tech support on this issue because clearly upgrading didn't solve the issue.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community