cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some terminology explanation

Jump to solution

Hello guys,

as I am new in McAfee world, I am still not well oriented here.

I would like to ask you about difference between: Endpoint security Platform / Endpoint security Threat prevention / Endpoint Security Common

1) Endpoint security Platform - If I understand it correctly, this platform must be installed everywhere  I need to install products like ENS antivirus, firewall, web control, etc ? So the correct combination are Endpoint security Platform + Endpoint security Threat prevention, or Endpoint security Platform + Endpoint security Firewall ? Pls correct me If I am wrong or add what is missing here

2) Endpoint security Threat prevention - is just the antivirus product and it can not exist without platform installed on managed system ?

3) Endpoint Security Common - what is this ? I don't see it in software manager, I can't install as "run client task now" however there is policy for Endpoint Security Common. What is the purpose ?

common.png

Thank you.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Some terminology explanation

Jump to solution

The platform is sort of like a container which then holds the individual modules for ENS. It is a mandatory component for any ENS module. 

The module Threat Prevention is the antivirus module.

You don't need to install the platform as a separate module. It will be installed along with the first module that you install but you should see it listed in your Master Repository as a separate instance.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

@perseus142 Endpoint Security Common is the policy set that is for the Platform and "common" features shared between the modules/overarching ENS configuration. 

I would recommend that you take a look at the ENS FAQs KB86704 and the ENS Product Guide. Going through their sections will likely assist you in many of the questions that will come up as you look to familiarize yourself with the product.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

3 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

The platform is sort of like a container which then holds the individual modules for ENS. It is a mandatory component for any ENS module. 

The module Threat Prevention is the antivirus module.

You don't need to install the platform as a separate module. It will be installed along with the first module that you install but you should see it listed in your Master Repository as a separate instance.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Thank you.

What is purpose of "Endpoint Security Common" ?

McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

@perseus142 Endpoint Security Common is the policy set that is for the Platform and "common" features shared between the modules/overarching ENS configuration. 

I would recommend that you take a look at the ENS FAQs KB86704 and the ENS Product Guide. Going through their sections will likely assist you in many of the questions that will come up as you look to familiarize yourself with the product.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator